Chapter Thirty-Seven-A Day in the Life

Days with Bill and Fleur were quite uneventful, which I was starting to prefer nowadays. We lived on a constant cycle. Our days hardly changed. It wasn't perfect, yet it wasn't horrendous.

Every morning, I woke up at approximately seven. I pulled my blanket, the one Sirius and Felicity had given me, off with a bit of a struggle. I threw on whatever clothes I had, but paying extra careful attention to when I put my golden snitch necklace on.

I would quickly dance down the stairs, hopping into the kitchen. I would try to add an extra skip in my step whenever I could. I would hum along to muggle music as I made breakfast. I was always helping around the house whenever I could. I knew I could never repay them for letting me stay with them, I was always happy to help.

"Good morning, Fleur!" I would hum as she descended down the stairs.

"Morning, Elora," she replied as I served her some eggs. I wasn't very educated on wizard world food, but I could make a mean muggle breakfast. Bill would groggily wander in a few moments after his wife.

"Morning, Bill,"I laughed whenever I saw his distracted state.

"Morning," he would mumble back. He would instantly wake up when I poured him tea. Sometimes I would slip him some bacon, watching his eyes grow in amazement. He does love his meat.

After we all ate breakfast together, we would begin on our separate duties. Fleur would clean up around the house while Bill began to work on house projects. It seemed to me that they were ready to start their family there. I would work outdoors, trying liven up the place. Planting flowers, repairing windows, doing something to keep me occupied.

We would all meet inside to have lunch together that Fleur prepared. She managed to make something different every day. Something French, something delicious. We always had Potterwatch on in the background, listening as carefully as we could. It would calm my nerves some days while others it made me panic.

After lunch, we would continue to work on our normal activities. Bill would then prepare dinner, something extra meaty. I couldn't complain though. Food was food, and Bill was a great cook. After dinner, we would all sit together in the living room. Bill and Fleur would be up to couple-y things while I would write about my day, create poems, or sketch something. Seeing that I wasn't busy at Hogwarts anymore, I had my journal by my side at all times.

The day ended peacefully. I was happy to pull the blanket over my now cold body. I placed the journal on my bedside table, my hand brushing my wand that I hadn't touched all day. My eyes fluttered close, ready to do it all over again.

~

My routine had broken soon after. Everything was different so suddenly, but nothing had happened to change it. My normally dreamless sleep was clouded with nightmares. We were back at Hogwarts, and I was in the middle of a duel. My wand had flown to the side as Bellatrix Lestrange walked closer and closer towards me.

"You always were a waste of space, and Draco agrees," she taunted. Draco stood behind her, not uttering a word, "Say hi to dad for me, would you?"

"NOO! NO PLEASE DON'T! NO!"I shrieked. She had screamed the killing curse, but it didn't hit me. Instead, Draco was lying on the ground, his lifeless blue eyes staring back at me.

I woke with a gasp. Tears were streaming down my face as I instantly stood up straight. There was a wild hammering on the door. I instantly grabbed my wand as it opened, power surging through me once more.

"Elora? What on Earth?"Bill asked, sleep clear in his eyes. He stood there in his pajama pants and t-shirt. It was still dark out, meaning I had selfishly woken him from his sleep. He held his wand as a source of light, illuminating his face.

"It's nothing, Bill. Just a nightmare," I reassure him, taking heavy breaths and trying to calm my heart rate.

"Are you sure?" he questioned. He lowered his wand in concern.

"I'm sure, I'm sorry I woke you," I tell him, sending a small smile.

"Alright, just get some sleep," he mutters before heading back. I knew I wasn't going to be sleeping at all tonight.

"Lumos," I whispered to my wand, the light shining brightly. I had grabbed my journal and quill. I sketched and sketched. The entire day had passed, and I didn't leave the room at all. My mind was busy as I sketched what I missed the most. I heard a gentle knock on my door this time, just as I finished my drawing.

"Elora? Is everything alright?" Fleur asked as she opened the door. She came and sat beside me on my bed, looking at my journal.

"You know, you're really lucky to have Bill right now. It's hard being without the one you love," I smile sourly. I looked over to my bedside table. There, I had placed a picture of Draco and I. It was the night we went to the dance. Someone had taken it while we were dancing, I assumed it to be Collin Creevey. I was glad he was muggleborn, that meant Florence was safe at home.

"It's a beautiful drawing,"she compliments, motioning towards my journal.

"A beautiful drawing of a beautiful boy," I sigh as I close the journal.

"I know it is hard, but think of the relief you will have when you see his face again," Fleur reminds, patting my knee.

"Yeah, you're right," I agree, but my mind still tormented me.

If you see him again