Chapter Thirty-Four-A Wedding or A Funeral?

I woke with a jump when I heard a door shut close. I wasn't sure if it was as loud as I had perceived, but Lupin warned me that my hearing may be enhanced when I channel my Animagus. I was still exhausted when I woke, but I managed to stumble down the steps.

"Who was that?" I ask with a yawn, going to get a cup of milk.

"It was the Minister of Magic, he was assessing Dumbledore's will," Ron answers to my shock. We hadn't really been on the best terms and I clearly hadn't seen him since the day in the astronomy tower. I nod in understanding, waking up a bit more.

"How was the flight here? Is everyone okay?" I inquire, busy searching the cupboard for a nice mug.

"I suppose so, yeah, except Moody. He didn't make it," he shrugs before walking away. Small, civil conversations were better than loud, rude ones.

"Wow, Ron. I guess you think me losing an ear is okay then. I'll remember that!" George calls from somewhere in the kitchen, making me jump with fright. I hadn't noticed him at all when I entered. He was leaning against a counter, slurping some of his own tea. His head was bandaged and he had placed a tooth brush where his ear once was.

"Oh my god, George! Are you okay?!?" I run over to him and inspect his missing ear.

"Don't worry, I'm fine. Now I can wear a single earring with reason!" he exclaim. I just let out a tut and slightly hit the back of his head.

"Take the toothbrush out of there. It's unsanitary,"I scold, going back to get myself a mug.

"Wow, George, she could be our mother with that attitude," Fred joked as he walked into the kitchen, Mrs. Weasley following behind him.

"Elora, dear, glad to see you're up. How are you feeling?" she asked, coming over and hugging me.

"I'm a bit tired, to be completely honest. I didn't think my Animagus would have impacted me that much," I tell her honestly.

"Let me fix you something to eat, it'll help," she insists. She pushes me over to the table before I can object, Fred and George taking seats besides me.  We continue to chat as we normally would when Mr. Weasley now joins us.

"Mr. Weasley, it's good to see you," I say, standing up and shaking his hand. I take my seat once more when he sits across from me.

"Hello, Elora. I hope you're well," he replies, starting to look at his paper.

"As well as I can be, sir," I respond with a shrug.

"I see, what are your plans for the school year?" he inquires, putting his paper down so he can see me as I answer.

"Well, I was planning on returning to Hogwarts, but muggle born students aren't allowed to return. I may not be an actual muggle born, but I didn't want to risk it," I explain, "I can't exactly return home, so I'm trying to plan out my next move."

"You can stay with us, Elora. We don't mind," Mrs. Weasley assures as she sets down a plate of eggs in front of me.

"I don't want to be any trouble," I insist. I couldn't help but hungrily take a bite of the eggs. They were just so good.

"Nonsense, you're staying and that's final," she declares. Fred and George both put one arm around me before speaking completely in sync.

"Welcome to the family, sis,"

~

I felt extremely out of place and Bill and Fleur's wedding. I hadn't even met the pair, yet here I was sitting at a vacant table while others enjoyed small talk with one another. Many people laughed with joyous expressions, making me truly question the dark times we're in.

"You're wearing a black dress? You know this is a wedding not a funeral, right?" Fred says, sliding into the seat next to mine. I looked down and at the black knee-length dress. It had a ribbon and a bow where the top and skirt connected. It didn't exactly have sleeves, more like a sheer top to stop it from being strapless.

"Does it count as a funeral if my spirit is dead?" I ask before taking a sip of the wine I had been tasting all night.

"You are a downer drinker, that's for sure," he claims as I take another sip, "Would you like to dance?"

"I-I don't know," I stutter, reaching for my golden snitch necklace as an instinct.

"Not like that. Like brother and sister," Fred laughs, "That's what we basically are."

"Alright then, let's do it,"I sigh, standing up from my seat. There were no slow songs playing, so we fooled around more than we danced. It felt quite melancholy to be having such a fun time as the darkness grew upon us. We were all horrified when a blue orb of sorts had hit the tent, claiming the Minister of Magic was dead. The excitement soon ended as the lights flickered back on and dark, black smoke surrounded us, meaning the Death Eaters had hit the ground. I pulled my wand out from under my skirt when I saw one aiming behind Fred.

"Levicorpus!" I shout, causing them to be raised in the air, but that wouldn't suffice, "Reducto!"

"Thanks," Fred breathes out before we run to help others. Hermione had run to Ron and Harry was heading towards Ginny when Lupin had pushed him away, telling him to go. My eyes locked with Hermione's before she Apparated with her friends. I kept looking at my surroundings, Fred now helping Ginny, Luna fighting alongside her father, Lupin and Tonks doing the same.

"Crucio!" someone shouted without me paying attention. The spell hit me straight in the chest. I flew backwards, hitting the wall with a thud. I could feel a stinging sensation flood over my body as screams burst through my entire body. Tonks was at my side in a flash.

"Don't worry, Elora. Everything will be okay. Just hang in there, we'll get you to St. Mungo' as soon as we can,"