Chapter Four-Mute

Chapter Four-Mute

After I was dressed, Draco tenderly picked me up and asked where I lived. I mumbled an answer before the drug that had been placed in my Butterbeer took over. I have no idea how long I was out for. I woke up in my room in the muggle world early in the morning and the memories from last night flooded over the dam I had terribly tried to build up in my mind. I realized that I was still dressed in the clothing from last night. I quickly tore them off before finding a pair of scissors located in my desk drawer.

I don't know what had came over me. Anger? Sadness? Regret? Guilt? My mind was completely fogged over as I began to tear up the clothes in my hands. The scissors slashed through the fabric as my teeth were clenched shut. Once they were unrecognizable, I threw them into the trash without giving them another look. I stumbled into the bathroom where I finally saw my reflection. There were undeniable bags under my eyes, and my once healthy hair was a greasy mess. I couldn't bring myself to look away.The longer I stared the more I could hardly distinguish who I was. I was completely disgusted with what had happened.

I pulled myself away from the mirror and stalked my way to the shower. I turned the cold water on and jumped in. I scrubbed and scrubbed until my skin was red and my hair was crying out for me to stop, yet I didn't listen. No matter how long I stayed or how much I washed myself I still felt revolted with myself. The burning hot water soon became icy cold and decided it would be best to get out. I pulled on a random pair of clothes before preparing myself to face my parents.

I was completely clueless to what Draco had told my parents as to why I was passed out in his arms. I was terrified to see them. To see the judgmental looks, the pity-filled looks. I slowly made my trek downstairs, shakily grabbing the railing along the way.

"Hello, darling, how are you feeling?" my father gently asked, but all I could do was shrug. To my surprise, that was the only thing that they hinted at about last night.

"Are you hungry? I made you your favorite," mother said while setting a full plate in front of me. I slowly picked at the waffles in front of me. The house was completely silent, but it wasn't the comfortable silence I had grown accustomed to.

"Elora, your mother and I believe it's for the best if you return to your sister and friends. Be with them and then go to school with them! It'll be fun," my father smiled, placing a hand on my shoulder. I knew it was an act of kindness, but I still shivered away. I nodded in response before they could question my actions and slip out of my chair.For some reason, I couldn't bring myself to talk to them. It wasn't like the words were trapped within me. It was like if I began to speak, I would break down instantly.

I head to the fireplace where we had floo powder stored without another word. I try to prepare myself to see everyone back at 12 Grimmauld Place. They were probably curious as why I didn't return after I went to Diagon Alley. We would be going to Hogwarts the next day, so it wasn't completely tortuous, yet I preferred to not go there at all. My parents began to give me the normal farewell they give me each year, but I cut them off.

"12 Grimmauld Place," I say as clearly as I can, my voice still wavering. I threw the powder down and I was gone in an instant. I almost lost balance when I landed in an empty room. I roamed the somewhat familiar building when I heard Lupin's voice beckoning me over.

"Elora! We were just about to eat breakfast," he announced, causing everyone to turn and look at me. I shook my head to show I wasn't interested in the food. I was about to leave when George stopped me.

"How did things go with Henry?" he asked, a sly smirk spread across his face. The smirk completely wiped off his face when he saw me wince away at the mention of his name. His face was still very present in my mind. His shaggy blonde hair covering his evil eyes.

"Who's Henry?" Hermione questioned and I shuffled away from their stares.

"Are you alright, Elora?" Harry said while ignoring Hermione, causing tears to well up in my eyes. It was always an initial reaction to start crying when someone asked me that.

'Of course I'm not alright! Can't see that?' My mind screams at all of them, but I refrain myself from talking by biting my tongue. I nod in response before sitting at the table, even though I had no appetite. I didn't want to look any more suspicious as I already do. Things return to normal as soon enough and I just remove myself from all conversation. Sirius' eyes never leave me, not once, but I do my best to pretend I haven't noticed. When everyone finishes eating, I bolt upstairs where I find all of my items neatly packed away. Hermione was ready to get rid of me.

'I'm not surprised,' my mind taunts, 'you truly are garbage. You deserve what you got.'

After hours and hours of writing in my journal, I managed to fall asleep. I was extremely scared to shut my eyes, wondering what would come to me in my sleep. I had a right to be scared. My dream was filled with vivid images of what happened last night. Instead of Draco helping me though, he would stand back and watch. Watch as I suffered the worst thing that I could ever imagine happen to someone.

"ELORA! ELORA, WAKE UP!" someone shouted whilst shaking me. I woke with a gasp, sweat trickling down my forehead. Sirius looked at me with a scared expression, one I thought I would never see from him. My breathing was ragged as I looked all over the room, watching out for the shaggy blonde hair I feared, "Elora you're alright.

I looked at Sirius with great horror, feeling the anxiety take over my body.

"I don't know what is wrong. I don't know if you will tell me, but it will be okay," Sirius says, "it's saddening to know that the once glint of hope in your piercing grey eyes have been filled with fear."