Chapter Thirty-Two-A Piece of Me

(A/N-SO I kinda have a thing for basing chapters off of songs.

I'm pretty sure I said that before but whatever.

This one is based off a song called Cut You a Piece from a musical exhibition, 35 MM. They base music off of pieces of artwork which is wonderful. I definitely recommend for everyone to listen to the song it's so beautiful it brings me to tears.

Which isn't hard.

ANYWAYS

ONTO THE STORY)

~

Chapter Thirty-Two-A Piece of Me

*Back to Elora's Point of View*

The end of the year was drawing to another close, but it wasn't too close. Draco and I had celebrated our seventeenth birthdays, meaning we were legally allowed to do magic outside of Hogwarts now. Draco was more open to me now, but he still held an eerie silence around others. We weren't around each other as much with N.E.W.T.S. just around the corner. My magic has drastically increased this year, but my test-taking skills failed to follow.

There was something different about today, something felt off. The skies were a little darker, the teachers were quieter, and Draco was holding my hand a little tighter. I tried to keep a positive attitude, but everything was so dreary. Draco and I were wandering around the hallways together when a yawn escaped my lips.

"Draco, it's getting late, we should head back to the common room," I suggest, tugging on the sleeve of his blazer. I always enjoyed weekends, meaning I could avoid my Hogwarts uniform at all costs. I was wearing a simple grey dress, hoping I would match Draco's expensive sense of style. Draco stopped in his tracks and I was refrained from moving any further, "Draco? Is everything alright?"

"I can't go back with you," he finally broke his silence. His face held a sorrow look and it was as if the words pained him.

"I don't understand," I say, slightly shaking my head. Draco sighs and takes me down a corridor, the corridor where Harry had apologized to me the other day.

"My love, this is the last time I'll see you. I don't know for how long, but it will be a while," he says. taking my hands and placing kisses along my knuckles.

"What on Earth are you talking about, Draco? We have the end of this term, and next year," I remind him, doing my best to smile.

"I won't be returning to Hogwarts next year, and I believe you should do the same,"  he urges me. I couldn't wrap my mind around what he was saying. I didn't understand what was happening.

"But why?" I inquire, tugging at his hands to show him the urgency I had held within me.

"It is time for me to fulfill the duties I had came to Hogwarts with. I won't be returning afterwards, and I don't want to drag you in," he states. I pull my hands away from his and clutch the snitch that was held together by the golden chain.

"You-you can't just leave, Draco. I need you here. I need you by my side," I say, tears beginning to blur my vision. My throat began to swell, I felt as if I was choking. Silent tears swam down my face, but I did nothing to push them away. Draco takes on that job himself.

"Please, do not cry my love. This is hard for me as well, but knowing I'll see you at the end of this all gives me something to finally hope for. You don't need me here. I had cut you a piece of me, and you wear it on your neck with great pride. Where you go, I will go too. I'm always a part of you," he reassures me. His hand grazes the snitch before taking mine once more.

"I love you, Mr. Malfoy," I sob softly and rest my head on his chest.

"I love you, Ms. Black,"he whispers back. He rests his chin on the top of my head. We stay there for a moment longer, savoring the silence. I didn't want him to go, I wanted to stay in the moment forever. I looked up at him, and his hand cups my cheek. We share a long, sweet kiss. It was nothing like the ones we shared before. We knew this very well could be the last time we were to ever see each other. We knew that this might be the last time in each other's arms, "I must get going."

"I love you. I'll see you," I try to smile.

"I promise I'll see you as well," Draco says one last time before walking away, fighting the urge to look back. I on the other hand, stay for the rest of the night, just staring at where he had once been, a heavy feeling in my heart.

~

I don't know how  I ended up there, but I woke in the private room I once shared with Draco. I quickly changed and exited the room. I needed to get out of there. I couldn't stare at his belongings. I couldn't stare at the reminder that was just left there. The common room was filled with students of all years. Some looked extremely smug, some looked as if they were in mourning. Crabbe and Goyle looked quite pleased, while Blaise had sat beside them silently.

"Blaise? What's going on?" I ask quietly, tapping him on his shoulder. He turned around, a sorrow look laced deep within his face.

"Merlin's beard, did you really sleep through it all?" Blaise look astounded.

"I don't know. I don't remember coming here, let alone falling asleep," I whisper, looking down at the floor. 

"Dumbledore's dead," Blaise announces louder than we had been talking before, "They found him lying in the middle of castle's grounds."

"Oh my god," I choke out. Before I know it, I was running out of the common room. I needed to get out of there. Draco leaving and Dumbledore dying was no coincidence, none whatsoever. I didn't know what to think, I didn't know what to do. I was outside of the Astronomy tower, stopping for air, when Ron, Hermione, and Harry walked out.

"I'm sorry, Harry, for your loss," I swallowed, not prepared for what they were going to say.

"Thank you, Elora," Harry mumbled. I was about to walk away, but there was a question eating me away.

"Draco, was it him? Did he do it?"I finally blurt out. I couldn't actually say it. I couldn't believe it.

"No, it was Snape. He wasn't going to do it at all, he lowered his wand," Harry answers. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Before I knew it, tears began to cloud my vision once more. Ron looked like he was going to say something, but I stopped him.

"Don't you dare make a wise crack about this, Weasley. You have hurt me, and hated me, when I have done nothing to you. I don't need another negative remark about any of this right now,"I can feel all the pieces within me that Draco taped up break apart as the tears raced down their familiar tracks. Hermione pushes Harry and Ron out of the way, and just hugs me. I hold her close as sobs rack through my body, glad to be with my sister.

~

(A/N-WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

WHAT A DRAMATIC END TO YEAR SIX!

You guys have no idea how excited I am about year seven it's so great.

I'm gonna upload another soundtrack after this, because music is great.

I hope you guys have been enjoying this because I really have.

Writing this just takes me back home, and it warms my heart.

Anyways, I love you guys! Byeeeeeeeeeee)