Chapter Sixteen-A New Year A New Life

Chapter Sixteen-A New Year, A New Life

I woke soon after my passing out, still feeling quite drowsy. Sirius helped me sit up right, passing me a piece of chocolate.

"Remus is always going on about how chocolate fixes everything," he chuckled. He sat beside me on the floor where we leaned against the wall.

"You're my father then," I let the words sink in. I felt a mix of emotions. Curiosity, annoyance, relief.

"Yes, and you're my daughter," he reminded me as if I didn't just say he was my father.

"Do you mind if I asked you some questions?" I ask, feeling the curiosity bubble within me.

"I do not. You are entitled to having them," he said.

"What happened to my mother?" I question while nibbling on more chocolate.

"Felicity," Sirius reminisced, "She was a beautiful witch. She was in Hufflepuff. Her brother and I were great friends, but she's gone now."

"You must've been disappointed to hear that your daughter was sorted into Slytherin then," I try to joke after a solemn silence filled the air.

"I would never," he smiles softly, "My brother, Regulus, was in Slytherin when we went to school together. He was a death eater, until he realized what the Dark Lord truly was doing. He tried to get out, but died in the process."

"Why did you put me up for adoption?" I blurt, not wanting to remain on the chapter of death our entire conversation. My plan had backfired as an entirely different sadness flooded Sirius' eyes.

"Times were too dangerous. I couldn't live with myself if you were hurt at all," he gravely spoke, looking into my eyes. I study his face and slowly began to see the resemblance between us.

"I should've known," I state, shrugging my shoulders.

"What do you mean?" Sirius inquired.

"It's the eyes. I have your eyes," I grin. Sirius puts a hesitant arm around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"It's so good to have you back,"

"I'm glad I'm home. It's a new year after all. A new year, a new life."

~

Christmas holiday had flown by very quickly and very suddenly. The first night I was at 12 Grimmauld Place, the nightmares kept creeping back. I was too scared to sleep, so I busied myself by studying for O.W.L.S. Hermione was well aware of the fact I had found my birth father, but she didn't dare mention it. Our relationship was still tense, but I didn't let it get the best of me.

We were finally returning to Hogwarts today after what was a very long weak. I would have been extremely excited, but the lack of sleep had weighed me down. I knew there were present bags under my eyes, so I didn't bother to hide it with my appearance. I had a beanie covering the mess that was my hair along with a random sweater and plain jeans.

"Elora, could you please go get Harry? It's time for us to go, " Hermione requested while packing up the rest of her bags. I simply nodded before heading down the stairs and into the room that held my family tree.

"Harry? It's time to go," I say, breaking up the conversation between him and Sirius. Sirius walked Harry to the door, a hand guiding him my way.

"When this is all over, we'll be a proper family," he smiled. He hugged Harry tightly before pulling me into a hug as well. I clutched the back of his coat as his hand stroked my hair.

"I love you, father," I mumble into the hug.

"I love you as well, Elora," he said, softly kissing the top of my head before letting me go. I waved goodbye one last time before heading out the door and to Kings Cross Station.

Even though Fred and George did offer, I did not Apparate with them this time. I wasn't in the mood to throw up again if I was being quite honest. I thanked the Weasley's for a nice holiday before distancing myself from the group. I was in desperate search of Draco, wanting to feel safe with him again. He was about to board the train when I saw him. His eyes caught mine and I couldn't help but smile. I ran towards him, engulfing him in a hug. My body loosens as he holds me close. The hug is cut short, so we can actually make the train. He holds my hand as he guides us to an empty train compartment and closing the door behind us.

"You look absolutely exhausted, my love," Draco says, concern laced through his voice.

"So much has happened in the last week, Draco. And the nightmares..." I drawled before a yawn cut me off. Draco gently laid me down so I could rest my head in his lap.

"We can talk about it later. For now, get some rest," he instructed. My eyes fluttered shut, feeling secure with him as I was lead into a dreamless sleep.

~

A/N-YAAY BACKSTORY NOW ELORA'S LIFE ISN'T A COMPLETE MYSTERY ANYMORE

Shoutout if you saw it coming.

You prolly did tbh

It's like four in the morning rn and I'm like exhausted af lol

K bye

UPDATE-
4/09/16
I didn't say this before, but everyone threw a hissy fit about it, so to be super duper clear, Draco is NOT related to Elora. Narcissa and Sirius are not related. I'm sorry I forgot to say earlier, but I hope that clears up some things.