Chapter Twenty-Four-Butterbeer?

(A/N-Hello everyone!

I'm not going to lie, I'm having a rough night. I'm just going to write and write and see what happens, alright?

Hope you like it!)

~

Chapter Twenty-Four-Butterbeer?

The weeks leading to winter were always extremely boring. Students tried to get back into the swing of the normal routines, teachers try to set rules that they end up forgetting soon after. It was all very familiar to me. Everything seemed as traditional as it could be. Many school members chose to ignore the news that the Dark Lord was rising. The school members that actually came back to school, that is.

The only thing that felt out of place was Draco. He was still the same boy I grew to know in love in private, but he was strange around others. His snarky remarks never escaped his mouth, as if they were stuck in a jail cell. He would also sneak off whenever he could, skipping classes and meals. He was hardly ever present in Defense Against the Dark Arts, the class that Professor Snape had finally taken over this school year.

It was the first trip to Hogsmeade of the year, and this time I actually made it there. I was walking around the shops with Luna, somewhat ignoring the way we last talked in the infirmary. Draco was off taking care of some business he apparently had. I learned to not question him for I would be met with silence either way.

"What're you looking for?" Luna asks as I rummage through a bin at some random store.

"I need to find something to get Draco for Christmas. I didn't even buy him anything last year, so I don't know what to get," I mumbled, toying with a silver trinket. I considered it, but what Malfoy would collect small trinkets?

"I see," she hums and bounces on the heels of her feet. I look at her, expecting her to say more, but she's busy getting lost in nothingness. I wasn't even paying attention anymore while wandering around. My hand brushed something with soft leather, yet had rough edges. I picked up the chocolate brown journal, and examined it closely. The pages were worn, yet empty, and had a comforting feeling to it.

"Perfect," I grin, grabbing it and taking it to the cash register. I quickly handed the woman at the counter a handful of galleons before skipping out of the shop with Luna. I was walking to the Three Broomsticks when Luna had abandoned me to go spend time with Neville. I escape the cold and enter the homey room where Blaise and Draco were idly chatting while leaning up against the counter top.

"Hello, lovely," Draco smiled as I joined them. I found my reserved place under his arm as it rested on my shoulders.

"Hello boys," I greet them as three servings of Butterbeer were brought to us. Blaise took his within an instant while I gazed at mine anxiously. Draco seemed to have noticed for he swiftly took a sip of mine before nodding in confirmation and handing it to me.

"Mate, that is disgusting. How could you just drink out of your girl's drink like that?" Blaise asked, with revolution shining bright in his eyes. Draco and I snickered at his reaction, it was absolutely priceless.

"Well, I need to make sure that it's as great as it can be. Only the best for my girl," he says after he calms down, winking down at me. I nudge him softly before Professor Slughorn comes up to the three of us.

"Hello, Professor Slughorn, how are you?" I greet him politely, standing up straighter but not moving away from Draco.

"I'm alright, Ms. Granger. I'm glad to see you have joined my class," he smiled, eyeing Draco and I with a faint expression filled with troublesome thoughts, "Mr. Zabini, I'm creating a group that I used to run when I first taught at Hogwarts, the Slug Club, for the best students. I'd be honored if you joined."

"I'd be delighted to, sir," Blaise nodded. I could feel Draco stiffen behind me as we watched the interaction.

"Excellent!" Slughorn cheered, patting Blaise on the back. He awkwardly looked at Draco and I once more before returning to his alone spot at the bar. Draco shifted from behind me before grabbing his jacket and throwing it on.

"I've got to go,"Draco mumbled before he walked out. Although, I did see him stop for a moment at the door, staring at Harry, Harry staring back. He tears his eyes away and storms out.

"Excuse me," I tell Blaise without paying attention to quickly follow Draco. I find him leaning on the side of the Three Broomsticks. I walk up to him, hearing the snow crunch, crunch, crunch under my feet.

"You know, I should be in the bloody Slug Club," he growled, "I'm right behind Granger in grades. He's just against me because of who my father is."

"I know it isn't fair for him to stereotype you, my love, but you know you're better than that," I tell him softly, placing a gentle hand on his forearm, but he instantly snatched it away.

"Oh really? I'm better than that?" he snapped, but then regretted it immediately, "Oh my word, I am so sorry. I don't know what came over me, I-it was the-"

"You don't have to say it," I whisper, kissing him tenderly. Whenever we kissed, I did have the butterfly feeling bubble up in my stomach. I smiled when we broke apart, but the smile quickly wiped off my face. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see someone rise up in the air. She swung around in the air, her hair splayed out as if she was hanging from it.

"Merlin's beard," Draco breathes from behind me.

"My God, is that Katie Bell?" I ask. I try to run forward to help her, but Draco pulls me back by grabbing my arm, "Draco!"

"I-I don't want you to get hurt," he stutters after taking a moment to think. Before I know it, Katie Bell is shaking in Hagrid's arms, meaning I was completely helpless. I tried to steady my breath, wondering what had actually just happened.

~

(A/N-Okay so I know it's kinda shitty that Elora is okay with all of the crap Draco's dealing with and how he's been acting, but that's just one of her flaws. She's so in love, she ignores wrong and right. I don't want her to be the perfect character, I want her to make mistakes and do things that you guys would disagree with, as long as she isn't harming others physically or emotionally.

Love you guys!)