Chapter Thirty-Six-The Blanket

Fleur and Bill had walked into the house, leaving me to follow them. The house was extremely beautiful, the light shined in and brought the house to life. It wasn't meant to be a safe house, it was clear to see from its decor and furniture.

"What is this place?" I question as we walk into the kitchen.

"It was my grandmother's. It used to be a vacation house of sorts, but now its a hideout," Bill explains as he hands me a cup of tea.

"I'm sorry, you know, about the wedding," I tell them. I awkwardly take a seat at the table. I hadn't known them at all, now I was barging into their home, "I hope everyone is alright."

"It's fine, Elora, it's not your fault," Fleur reassures. She takes a seat across from me, the sea still splashing in the background.

"I think you took the worst hit of the night actually," Bill claims as he sits next to his new wife. He holds Fleur's hand from other the table. I absolutely adored how in love they were with each other, but I couldn't help but feel envious. I wanted Draco. I wanted to fight side by side with him. When we were with one another, everything went away and it was okay again.

"My god, did you get that the other night?" I gesture to the scars lining his face. They were similar to Lupin's. Perfect and smooth, perfectly intended by someone, something.

"Not the night of the wedding, no. Got it by a fellow named Greyback, the slimy creature he is," he growled, his free hand clenched tight. Fleur put a hand on his shoulder, instantly calming him.

"I feel like I've heard that before..."I trail off. I try to think if where I knew him from, but I kept coming up short.

"He is an interesting looking man. He looks quite bald on the top of his head, but he his hair is long and stuck to his neck. He normally wears shirts that show off his scar that runs down his chest," Bill angrily explains, then it clicks.

"Ohhh, I know how I know him," I say quietly in realization.

"How?" Fleur inquires, leaning a little forward.

"He tried to kill me, last Christmas. He used the killing curse, but I moved out of the way just in time," I explain, going back to that moment. Things then were so different yet so similar to the times that were now. I thought Bill was going to get angry, that they attacked his family on a supposedly joyous holiday.

"I guess we share a common enemy then," he smiles, relieving the tension.

"I guess so,"I chuckle, taking a sip of my now cold tea. An unknown yawn creeps from my lips as we continue to talk. I hadn't noticed the tiredness creep upon me.

"Oh my, you must be tired from everything that's happen. Have you fully recovered yet?"Fleur questioned, rising from her spot at the table.

"To be honest, I don't know," I shrug as if it's no big deal.I was fine now, I didn't see how it was a big deal.

"Come, I'll show you your room," she insists. I oblige and follow her to my room. She opened the door and revealed a small room that had a queen sized bed, covered in a light blue duvet, "Tonks had all of your items brought here."

"Thank you, Fleur, for letting me stay here," I remarked before she left. She only nodded in response.

"Let me know if you need anything, alright?" she said one last time before skipping back down the spiral shaped stairs. I headed straight to the dresser, pulling a random drawer open. My heart stops as shaky hands reached down and grabbed the familiar material. It was still worn out, the ends were still ratty. I couldn't believe how I had forgotten about an object that I once couldn't live without.

"When this is all over, we'll be a proper family" Sirius' voice rang in my head as I clutched the blanket close to my heart. I couldn't help the sobs that shook my entire body. The blanket was given to me when I didn't know who my parents were. The blanket that was given to me when I had hope that my parents were still alive. The blanket I had forgotten when my father had died.

~

(A/N-Lowkey I forgot about the blanket bye)