Chapter Thirteen-Snakes

Classes were filled with gossip and stares the next day. Hogwarts was as bad as any muggle school when it came to rumors, they spread like wildfire. I heard whispers all around from anyone, making me to feel slightly uncomfortable. I gripped Draco's hand as we walked from class to class, grasping it tighter whenever someone pointed our way.

"Don't these fools have something better to do rather than watch us" he growled, starting to walk faster and faster.

"They're all ridiculous," I grumble and agree. I was starting to grow annoyed with everyone. I wasn't fond of the attention they were giving me, but I was doing my best to keep quiet and keep my head held high. I've learnt from others that it happened to make me look quite intimidating which sometimes had an upside. Draco and I took a break to just stand around an chat when Hermione had came up to us.

"Elora, would you mind talking to me for a moment privately, please?" She asked curtly. Draco was shooting daggers through her, and she was reciprocating the action.

"Alright," I respond in the same tone of voice she used before turning back to a reluctant Draco, "I'll meet you back in the common room after Potions club, okay?"

"Okay, I'll see you then, darling," he says before kissing my cheek. He looks like he's about to say something insulting towards Hermione, but I shoo him away before Hermione drags me from where we originally were. Her grip was very tight on my arm, and I tried to pry it away.

"Jesus, Hermione, I'm not a dog, you don't need to keep me on the leash that is your death grip," I spit at her as we pass Neville.

"Elora! I heard about what happened the other night. I'm glad you're okay! " he says as he tries to keep up with us.

"Thank you, Neville. Now if Hermione won't let go, I will be back in the infirmary later tonight," I say between gritted teeth before she whips around, fury raging behind her eyes.

"Why are you always with that snake Malfoy?" she seethes.

"Merlin's beard, is it truly any of your business?" I scoff, "He's a snake now, is he? I guess that makes me one, too. I never knew you thought of us that way. How ironic, you hate stereotypes, yet that hatred doesn't apply to anyone but you."

"Of course it is my business. You're my sister for Christ's sake!" she exclaimed, making my blood boil. I was tired of hearing her nag about the person who watched out for me when all she did was question me and judge me based off my actions.

"Under what circumstances?" I fumed.

"I think I'm just going to go..." Neville trailed off while escaping the conversation. Hermione looked hurt due to what I said, but she shoved it off.

"His father is a death eater. He is no good for you," she tried to change the subject and ignored what I had said.

"I'm not going to judge someone's actions based off his father's. Especially when Draco has been kind to me when you haven't," I sneered before stalking away.

After retreating, I realized I had a decent hour until Potion's Club and hadn't any idea where to go. I went and sat in the Great Hall, pulling my journal out of my bag and sitting alone at the Slytherin table. I was taking a break from my sketch and decided to work on some of my writing when an owl came in and dropped a letter on my work. I wasn't expecting anything from anyone, so I opened it with curious thoughts.

Dear Elora,

I hope your year has been well so far, but I can't assume anything due to the fact you haven't taken the time tow write me. Don't feel guilty, I can assume you have been busy with your studies. I am writing to tell you that you and Hermione are invited to spend the Christmas holiday at 12 Grimmauld Place with Ron and Harry. I have already heard confirmation from Hermione, but she failed to mention you so I assumed it would be best to write you myself. Please respond as soon as you can, but be careful to who you address it to. It's very easy for the Ministry to track owls.

Sincerely,

Padfoot.

I was honestly very shocked to see Sirius had written me. I remembered back to a time when Hermione was retelling something about him having to write Harry under the code name Padfoot to prevent from being caught since they had set him free from Azkaban. I decided to write him back immediately and stopping at the owlrey on the way to potions. I took another piece of parchment out of my bag and grabbed my quill, thoughts already forming.

Padfoot,

I'm sorry I have neglected to write you. This year has been quite hectic to be honest. You were right, things have surely changed. People are much more cruel than they had been before, I have experienced it first hand. Maybe they haven't changed, maybe my eyes are more open to the demons around me.

Anyways, Hermione had not told me about Christmas, but we haven't gotten along lately. I would love to stay with you all. I think I need a change of scenery.

Looking forward to seeing you,

Elora.

After skipping off to the owlery, I dashed to potions club with less time than I hoped for. I was gasping for air when Luna walked over to me.

"Hello, Elora, it's good to see you," she greeted in her normally soft tone.

"It's good to see you aswell," I respond, retrieving my cauldron before Professor Snape arrives. Luna follows me as if she was a little puppy dog.

"I was surprised I did not see you at Hogs Head when we went to Hogsmede," she chimed while I was setting up.

"I don't believe I was in too fit of a state to have made the trip, Luna," I remind her carefully. The rest of our conversation had ended when Snape finally showed up, leaving me curious to as to why I would be at Hogs Head.