Plush playing near midnight

1974
I groaned moving to my side and sighing. Roger rubbed my bare arm kissing my temple. Getting out of bed in the dead of night was tipical for him. He would just stay up a bit to watch tv; on a low volume so he doesnt wake up his girlfriend or his daughter. The wormth of the blankets and me under them, left him as he walked shirtless towards the livingroom. Only in some sweatpants that he just put on were enough to keep him warm. The livingroom was dark, to say the least. But the shiny moon was illuminating the couch a bit. Seeing something he didnt quite expect. He saw little Rory playing with one of her favorite 2 plush animals. He was confused as to why shes playing in the dead of night but not much. He knew she loved playing all the time. Its typical child behavior. 2 year old child, especially.
"Baby.." He whispered walking towards her to the couch, kneeling down to her height. "Monsterr!" She playfully said waving the stuffed cat in Rogers face making him smile. "This is sleepy time baby." He said as she held his one big hand like it was a plushie. "Noooo I wanna play daddy." She pouted jumping up and down on her seat. "Come on babygirl. Come 'ere." He said quietly, picking her small body up in his arms. Her small arms around his shoulders.
"Can we play togeh'er in the mworning?" She asked as he laid her down in her crib. "Mhm, but in the morning. Rest now okay babygirl?" She nodded as Roger bent down to pepper her little tummy with soft kisses. She giggled as he gave her a long loving kiss on her forehead.
"Goodnight hunny."

"Goodnight daddy."
Tucking her in well he walked back to our room.
Laying in bed I sighed and murmured something as I layed on my other side, accidentally laying on his chest. Bringing me closer and kissing me he quickly fell asleep aswell.