Chapter 22

Hey, guys, I've got a plan concerning this. So first, I'm going to actually finish the story (oh my gods, you thought that it would never happen! XD) , but at the same time, I'm going to be editing it into a NEW story, which is going to have the same name but be better and edited.

In the new version, some things will be taken out that you hated, or that you really liked (depending on the person), but I will stick to the original story line instead of having lots of fillers.

Anyway, here's the story:

Annabeth's POV

(In case you don't remember, Annabeth had just said: "I'll hear you out, and that's it!" Chapter 18 if you need to remember.)

Piper gave a long sigh, gathering her words. She opens her mouth to speak, but I stop her with a wave of my hand. "No, I don't want you to speak, I want Jason to."

"Why not me?" Piper asked, looking a bit hurt, but mostly confused.

"You have charmspeak," I reply.

"How did you know that?" asked Jason, his blond eyebrows furrowing together.

"That doesn't matter. Talk, or else I'll leave now and you'll never know what happened to Annabeth."

Jason clenched his fist, but didn't move for a long time. Finally, he started to whisper. "We didn't know anything. It was a normal morning, but it had turned out that Annabeth and Percy were called to Olympus. On the way, or so Chiron told us, they crashed and died. Or at least, we thought they had died, until Nico came and told us they weren't. We organized a whole search, and we wanted to take the help of the gods, but Nico wouldn't let us. He would only accept the help of Iris and Hestia, and even then rarely. We asked him why, but he wouldn't tell us. If what you told us is true, and it was the gods who tried to kill them, that would explain it." As I listened closely to every word, his face became white. "My gods, if it was the gods I'll.... I'll kill them!" He shouted suddenly, and some other people looked around.

Clarisse, or at least, someone who really looks like Clarisse, came jogging toward us. "What's going on?" she glared at me, which was so recognizable I almost laughed.

Jason waved her off, and continued in a low whisper. "We've been looking for them for years. We're their friends. All we wanted to ever do is help them." He choked on his tears and looked away.

It was at this moment that I opened my mouth, ready to burst out the whole truth.

Instead, I gave them a sad searching look and said "I'm sorry."

That's when I walked away, heading towards the Big House, hoping to see Nico.

Percy's POV

I arrive at the camp, walk through the gates, and see a boy with blond hair crying in the lap of a girl with dark brown hair, and when I recognize them, I almost run back away, regretting my decision.

But then Piper saw me. "Oh, another one today?" she tries to smile. "I'm Piper. What's your name?" She holds out her hand.

"Peter," I answer, frowning, refusing to take it.

She notices the rude gesture and frowns deeply too. "You know, I'm sick of this treatment by newbies today!" she screams suddenly, and I take a step back from surprise. "Somebody else take care of this jerk!"

She ran away crying, and I immediately felt bad. She was my friend, after all, and so why was I being so rude?

'She's not your friend,' I have to remind myself. 'She celebrated your supposed death like any other camper. Remember that.'

But still, if I'm going to have to blend in to find Annabeth, I'll have to be kinder.

That's the only reason why I run after Piper and try to comfort her.

The only reason.

~~~

Yes, it's lame, I know. But you should go check out my editing, instead of this bad version. You can continue reading this until it comes out, though...

~Bethy