Chapter 9

Percy POV

I hurtle down towards the city of New York.  'I'm going to die,' I think, but I don't care. If annabeth, of all people would be the one to betray me, then there is no point to life.

Then I remember: she wanted me dead. And I'm not going to let her find me dead, so she can laugh at my dead body and laugh at how I blindly stumbled after her and listened to all she said.

And I loved her. OH- I really did. I didn't tell her the prophecy to protect her, I jumped into Tarturus for her.....I did EVERYTHING just so she'd be happy. But no. Really, what did she do to make me happy?

I might have loved her then, but I hate her now. And she is NOT going to find my body to laugh at. I see a river below me and a little to the left. I slowly try to push myself to it.

I do everything. Twist . Turn in mid-air, but it's no use. I'm no Jason- no flying expert. I can't control where the wind takes me. I'm not going to be able to land in the river. Annabeth IS going to find my body, dead so she can laugh at me.

"No!" I refuse to let that happen. I call to my father (who wants me dead) and relize it won't work.  So I call the power of the water to assist me. The river springs up, catches hold of me, and drags me safely into the water.

I walk out of the river. 'I lived,' I think, 'but if the gods find me, they'll kill me for sure.'  And so my life on the run begins.

Annabeth POV

"Annabeth Chase, Calm down this instant!" Zues screeched at me.  His booming voice shook the walls as he spoke, adding a tremendous roaring, earthquake effect to it.

"I can't!" I sob. "Percy is dead. So I'm dead. I... I can't..."

"That is quite true, Annabeth!" He roars again.

Zues's words stop me in my tracks. "wh-"

"What Percy didn't know is that we would have to kill you too if we killed him," siad Zues camly.

"What..." a whimper comes out.

Zues smiles a twisted, creepy smile. "You better believe it, honey. So, who wants to get electrocuted?"  I started running around the room, screaming as Zues send lightning bolt after lightning bolt after me.

I hid behind a statue, breathing deeply. 'I'm not some a girl in a horror movie who all she does is scream,' I think to myself. 'I'm a child of Athena, and I'm going to find a way out of this-'  Before I could finish this thought, I was in a forest.

Nico POV

I was standing there, and knew that I had to save Annabeth- otherwise Percy would never forgive me.

I was trying to find a way to sneak out there and shadow travel us out of here, when she ran up and hid behind the statue I was hiding behind.  Before she even knew I was there, I grabbed her by the arm and we shadow traveled out of that hellish place.  Who knew that Olympus could seem so horrible?

"Nico, what are you doing?" Annabeth asks.

"I shadow traveled you out of that place." I told her. "Run Annabeth. They'll relize you somehow escaped. You need to run!" My voice sounded more urgent then ever, desperate to try and save the one thing Percy loves I scream again. "Run!

Panicking, she ran.

"Good job, Annabeth." I whisper. "But be careful. Now the gods want you- dead or alive."

 ************************

Edited by @RavenDraeving

CLIFFHANGER!!!!! WOAH!!!!

dedicated to magic_goddess