Chapter 12 (part 2)

Hazel's POV

I played with a flower while they talked. It was a pretty one. A daisy. Yellow as the sun in the sky.

What could they be talking about? I start to make a list of all the possible things.

1: The weather. (though I seriously doubt that)

2: Umm... me? (why, though?)

3: Reyna. (The phone call DID just happen.)

4: Percy? (probably not. What does that have to do with anything?)

5: Sprinting and running races... wait, what?

I thought up the last one as Nico came shooting out of the trees, looking as if Zeus was trying to hit him with his master bolt.

"whoa, Nico, wait!" I yelled, but he ignored me, running as if his life depended on it.

Frank came out of the clearing too, yelling "Wait!" and looking dazed.

"Why was he running?" I asked. He shook his head and looked miserably at the ground. "Frank," I scolded, suddenly having a good idea of what happened. "Did you turn into the squirrel/unicorn again?"

Frank turned red and said "yes," softly.

I laughed.  "No wonder he ran!" I snort, unable to contain himself.  'You look adorable when you are one! He hates adorable things!"

"Not really," Frank said under his breath, thinking I didn't hear. But I did. I aburptly stopped laughing and started thinking of Percy.

Why? I don't know. But the second anyone mentions Nico to me, I start to hink of how my older brother is so..brave, and nice, and mistreated, just because he loves Percy Jackson the boy.

See? That's exactly how I ended up thinking about Percy.

I always used to think that Percabeth (Piper's ship name for them) could never even be shaken, but since that day, it has. Ever since he said those words, I felt like Percy, well, was, different.

(A/N. No. This does not mean this is turning into a Perico story. Sorry, but no. This story has always meant to be big Percabeth story. Maybe after this story is done I'll write a Perico story. But this isn't one. I'm sorry.)

Or maybe I'm just being wierd?

Wherever Percy and Annabeth are, out there, are they together? I suddenly wonder. Of course they are... they wouldn't leave each other after getting hurt, not for the world, right? Right?

I suddenly realize that the ground around me is full of jewels and that pretty daisy in my hand is shredded.

"umm, Hazel?' asks sweet, sweet Frank. "Are you ok?' His voice is full of concern.

"Yes." I stand up and shake myself off a little. "Sorry... just deep in thought. I wonder where Percy and Annabeth are."

"Me too," Frank agrees.

"I'm not sure that's correct grammer." I scrunch up my eyebrows.

"If Annabeth were here, we would know," agrees Frank, and we fall into deep silence.

Suddenly Nico's phone comes to life. We hear Octavian yelling to Reyna: "There are people crossing the border! A girl and boy! About our age! Is this who we were awaiting?"

'Yes!" Reyna squeals with delight. "I'm sure it is!"

Staring at each other, Frank and I start to party- we've found them!

 Annabeth's POV

After I finished the pledge, I collapsed to the ground, sobbing so hard that my whole face was wetter then the ocean.

"I'm so sorry," Thalia's face was also very wet, though not as much as mine. "I'm so sorry... I just... Annabeth-" Her voice broke.

"I know." I gasp. "I know," I choke on my own tears.

Shakily, I stand up, and face the huntresses, who are looking at us confused.

"My boyfriend," i choke and cough again. "he's dead. I will never love again. That is why I'm now one of you."

The little girl runs up and to me and holds me up so I don't collapse. She starts to sing and braid my hair, while the others clean my grimy face.

The little girl reminds me of Athena, from my dream. My future daughter...who now can never exist because Percy's dead.

I'm not crying. I can't. I've cried WAY to much in the last few hours. There are absolutely NO tears left in my body.

"Don't worry," the girl dried of my face. "You don't have to cry. Artemis will be happy to see you!"

Oops. I guess I did cry.

Wait... Artemis!

"NO!" I suddenly remembered: THE GODS WANTED TO KILL ME! ARTEMIS IS ONE OF THE GODS! SHE WANTS ME DEAD!

"Oh no, oh no oh no, what DID I DO?" I stood up and started pacing.

"What is it, Annabeth?" Thalia looked worried.

"Artemis...Artemis... I CAN"T LET HER SEE ME!!!"

"Well, why not?" Thalia scrunched up her eyebrows.

"Just...can't... ARGH!!!" I rip at my hair.

"Why can't I see you, dear Annabeth Chase?" I heard a voice behind me. I swirled around to see, oh no!

HAHAHAHAHA CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!