Chapter 7

Annabeth POV

As we ride to the Empire State Building, I beg Percy to tell me what he was keeping from me.

"No."

"Why not?" I whine like a little baby, but I don't care.

"I don't want you to worry," Percy takes my face in one of his hands, slowly stroking my cheek with his thumb.  We stand there for a minute, admiring each other.  Then finally after long last, he wraps his arm around my waist, pulls me close, and presses his lips to mine.

"Aww, Percy that's sweet, but I'm not a little baby. I can know. You don't have to keep secrets from me." Pulling my lips away from his I rest my head on his shoulder. "Please, Percy. I'm a child of Athena. You know it kills me not to know things."

"i know," Percy kisses me again. "I promise, after the visit, I'll tell you."

"Ok," I sigh. I know Percy always keeps his promises.

"See you later, Seaweed Brain." I kiss him on the cheek. Though, honestly there is a wrenching feeling in my stomach telling me that I won't be seeing him again soon, which makes me want to pull him back and take him away from here.

"Bye," Percy kisses me back, and goes into the throne room. Meanwhile, I decide to think about redesingning Olympus. It's been forever since I've been here, and it's time for me to add another statue.

I decide on white marble, which displays the god or goddess in a very intelligant way. But which? I'm in a debate between Zues and Athena when I hear a scream.

"Percy!!!!!" I scream. As his scream countinues, I feel like a dagger is slowly being twisted in my body, and that my heart is being pulled out of my body.

"Percy!" I whimper.

But then everything is silent for 10 minutes.

"Annabeth Chase you may now enter!" Zues's voice booms.

I slowly enter.

"Annabeth Chase, the gods have decided that you and Percy together are too dangerous. We gave your boyfriend the choice- to either break up with you, or die. He is dead now."

I gasp, and start choking on my tears. My body shakes with each uncontrolable sob as I cry out from my Percy, my stupid amazing seaweed brain of a boyfriend.  I sink to the ground, and am reminded of Akhlys, the stupid goddess of misery. I now know she must have cursed me. I will be miserable forever without Percy.

"No!" I run to Posieden. "Lord Posieden, your son! Don't care about your only son?"  Posieden just stared at me blankly, not saying a word.

"Mom!" I run to Athena. "Why? Don't you know he means everything to me? How could you do this to us?"

"Annabeth, control yourself!" she commands. But I can't. Because Percy is dead.  I fell back down to my knees sobbing.  I can't live without my seaweed brain.

Nico POV

Grover told me about what's happening to Percy.  How the gods planned to kill him, for fear of the havoc his and Annabeths love may cause.

"What!?" I shout, trying not to strangle him.  Feeling the rage for the gods well up inside me I had to try as hard as I could to not break everything that I could get my hands on.

"Nico, at least I told you!' Go! You are thier only chance!" Grover screamed at me, giving me a light shove on my shoulder.

"Why would I do that? Why would I help Annabeth?" I choke, still fighting to control the feelings inside me.

"Beacuse if you don't Percy will never forgive you." Grover looked at me, dead in the eye as he said this.  I now knew my decision was clear.  It is settled. I nod, then shadow travel to Olympus, where I hide behind a statue of Ares while they talk.