Chapter 2

AN This happens when Annabeth and Percy are 18.

Chiron's POV.

As the Iris shimmers out, I practically run out of the big house, nearly tripping over Rachel. She was sitting there on the front steps of the big house, her head in between her knees shoulders shaking with each violent sob.

"Please don't send them to Olympus, Chiron." She says looking up towards me, her eyes and face now red and puffy from her crying. Her sad eyes plead with mine, silently begging me not to let them go.

"I have no choice," I tell her. "The gods are forcing me to."

"But," Rachel looks ready to cry again. I can't help but reach out and pull her into my arms, stroking her hair as she sobbed into my now wet shirt.

"That's not all, Chiron!" she suddenly bursts out grabbing two handfuls if my shirt to keep me from walking away. "There's no prophecy about bringing them to Olympus, but I can see glimpses of the future! If we do, I see Olympus burned, Percy and Annabeth dueling to the death...and, no matter what, the prophecy will come true in the worst way possible!! Please Chiron we can't send them, please!"

"Rachel!" I command, seeing Clarisse running by, "Shut your mouth." I push her away, watching her face crumble and her eyes turn into pools if tears. I all but lose myself, half tempted to turn back and take her advice I press on anyways forcing myself to do what I hoped I would never have to.

Rachel POV

I know that I'm the only one who can keep them from going at this point, I'm the only one who can keep Olympus and the mortal world safe. I needed to stop them, get them out of here and fast, but how?

Turning my decision is to tell Annabeth, she would know how to handle something like this. How to get away from it, I stop dead in my tracks when I realize the one flaw to my master plan, I can't tell Annabeth or Percy about the prophecy. Darn it!

Suddenly the perfect solution comes to mind, I run to Grover.

"Grover!" I scream. "Oh, thank the gods that I found you!" I grab him by the sleeve of his shirt and pull him behind the large oak tree that stood to our left, shielding us from everyone's view.

"Rachel? What's happening? Chiron told me to tell Annabeth and Percy to go to the Big House, but I could tell he was worried about something, and-"

He stops, looking at my face, and asks "Why are you crying?"

I was silently weeping. And before I could stop myself, everything just came out. About the prophecy, and how the gods are going to kill Annabeth and Percy. Everything.

Grover listens to me, his face giving way to all the emotions he feels. "Rachel, this is horrible, but I don't understand. You never told me what the prophecy is."

I stop weeping. "Hold me," I whisper, and fall into his arms as the Oracle takes control over me and repeats the prophecy.

Daniela Hedge's POV

The words escape from her mouth in a green swirl.

"The daughter of wisdom, and son of the sea

Will meet the age of twenty-three

They'll decide if Olympus shall burn

Or if the world will end with a storm."

The boy satyr looks at the girl in shock. Then he looks up and sees me, standing next to a neighboring tree.

Panicking, I run all the way to the Athena cabin.

"Hi, Daniela," greets Annabeth. "How's Coach Hedge doing?"

"Oh, you mean Daddy? He's fine, I guess. Old but fine," which makes Annabeth laugh.

"Hey, Daniela, wanna help us pick up?" asks Percy. I suddenly realize the whole cabin is covered in feathers. I look at them, noticing the feathers in Annabeth's tangled hair and PPercy's overly excited attitude. They must have had a pillow fight. Awe how cute.

"Percy, that's not nice!" Annabeth hits Percy with a pillow, which makes me positive they had a pillow fight. But just in case, I want to check.

"Did you have a pillow fight," I ask.

"Yes," answers Percy. "But it sounds immature when you say it that way." They laugh, but I don't understand why. Just in case, I laugh with them.

"Hey, isn't Mellie pregnant again?" asks Annabeth.

"Mommy? Yeah."

"Is it going to be a little satyr or a cloud nymph like you?" asks Percy.

"I don't know, but I hope it's a cloud nymph like me," I say. "Or like Daddy calls me, a little nymphie!" That makes them laugh again, but again I don't know why.

Suddenly, I remember the boy satyr holding the girl with the red hair. What was his name? Grovy?

"Grovy says Chiron needs you at the Big House," I tell them honestly.

They look confused, then say "Oh, Grover," then they laugh again, and thank me for the company and for telling them.

Happily, I skip away, non-stop thinking about the prophecy, or whatever that was.

*********************************
A/N Yep, you guessed it! Daniela is Coach Hedge's daughter!

Also, who liked the prophecy?

Dedicated to Novelninja!
*********************************

Edited by @RavenDraeving