Chapter 16

I know, I'm horrible. *whimpers* plz don't kill me!

I have an excuse! It is...ummm.....errr...

Ok, so I don't. So what?

I updated now. So read on!

Percy POV

Annabeth. I saw her. Her beautiful grey eyes met mine as she spoke to me. Her wavy blond hair was in a messy ponytail. She looked unchanged since the last time saw her. But I had changed, and so had she.

Being alone and trying to survive all those years really had hardened me: boiling in anger and guilt whenever I thought of Annabeth. Those years I spent with out seeing another person made me mad.  Annabeth's pretty face didn't make me feel loved anymore: they made me feel more hateful and betrayed then ever.

Yet, I found it hard to believe she didn't love me, at least a little bit. All those hugs and kisses and "i missed you" weren't real? All those times she said "Seaweed Brain, I love you..." were all a lie? Was clinging to me in Tartarus just a trap? When I was dying, did she cry because she loved me, or because she knew she couldn't survive alone with out my protection?

All those years together, all those... prophecies... She didn't love me?

Prophecies. I suddenly remembered something. Something I was too afraid to tell her. Something that I couldn't tell her. A prophecy. Rachel... told me it. In the woods. Carrying her body to Chiron.... because she was unconscious.

One line. That's all I remember. The daughter of wisdom and son of the sea will meet at the age or twenty three.

That's when I knew. All those 5 years running around in the forest, not knowing if I was to survive that day, I knew that if I did, I would meet Annabeth again.

The person who decided my fate.

Death.

Annabeth's POV

Finally, I arrived at Camp. Hesitatingly, I entered the borders. 

I feel a pang in my heart as I look at all the cabins. Who's counselor for the Athena cabin now? I wonder. Not me, anymore.

What would have happened, if the gods never sent us to Olympus? If I stayed, went to college in new Rome... what then?

Would have Percy proposed to me? Would we have been married right now, maybe me pregnant?

Or would we have been pulled into another stupid prophecy?

I don't know. But what I do know is that everyone is staring at me.

Suddenly, a girl about my age with dark choppy cocoa brown hair ran up to me, and gripped my arm.

"Hey," she said smiling. "My name is Piper. Don't worry, I'll take you to Chiron and everything will be alright."

Piper. This was Piper. I've been gone so long that I couldn't even recognize her.

I felt my eyes tear up and I started to sob.

"Oh, don't cry!" Piper looked alarmed. Her charmspeak worked on me. I dried away the tears. She tugged on my arm. "C'mon, let's go!" she said.

I let myself be pulled away.

Dang! it's so short!

Sorry!

~Bethy