Eighteen

Hayden

"Hey, Sawyer," I said as my son looked up at me. I still couldn't believe it was real. I had a son.

He looked up at me, his big, bright blue eyes shining. He was absolutely precious.

Natalie walked into the living room and rubbed my back, looking at our son over my shoulder.

"Can you believe we're parents?" I asked Natalie.

She shook her head. "I can't believe it, but it's a beautiful thing."

"It really is." I kissed Sawyer's forehead lightly, holding my hand behind his head.

***********************************

I yawned as I woke up for the third time that night to Sawyer's cry of hunger. My arm was wrapped around Natalie, having fallen asleep like that last time Sawyer cried, which was only a few hours ago. I held her close to me, but she pulled away slowly and sat up. "I'm coming, Sawyer James," she sighed, walking to the nursery.

"Hayden, wake up. Someone wants to see you," Natalie said.

"Huh? Isn't it night..." I opened my eyes, and the sun was shining through the blinds. The night flew by so fast, I thought Natalie was still feeding Sawyer in his nursery.

Natalie laughed. "I wish I thought the same thing." She handed Sawyer to me, who smiled as I sat him on my chest.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"You had a normal night of sleep. Meanwhile, I was up feeding Sawyer all night."

"Sorry," I said.

She smiled. "It's alright. I am the mother."

I sat up on the edge of the bed and cradled Sawyer in my arms. "I hope you know this, Sawyer, but I just want to remind you that your mommy is the most caring, most loving, most kind and most beautiful woman I have ever met in my entire life. She really loves you." Natalie let Dakota out of her crate, and she bolted out of it, whining and licking Sawyer's feet. "And so does Kota," I added. Sawyer laughed and kicked his feet.

"Sawyer James Christensen, you just laughed for the first time!" Natalie kissed his cheek. "Who's my favorite little guy? Huh?" She laughed and tickled him, which caused him to laugh even more. Soon, everyone was up on our bed, laughing and playing around. Kota climbed under the sheets and paused, her tail still wagging from beneath them. We laughed, and she decided it would be a good idea to romp around some more, knocking the remote to the ceiling fan down and stomping on it. The fan whirred around at high speed.

"Well, Kota now knows how to turn on the fan!" Natalie said, skimming her hand over the dog's back.

"Yeah, really," I said, grabbing the remote and turning the fan off. "We should go for a walk today."

Natalie smiled a little, glancing at me out of the corner of her eye. "That means today is the designated day that Sawyer's image is plastered all over the Internet."

"He'll be in his stroller."

"What does that have to do with anything? Hayden, I'm just trying to make a point of-"

"We're famous," I pointed out, and the comment silenced her.

"I know," she finally said. She kissed me and laid her head on my shoulder, gazing at Sawyer, who still laid in my arms. "Sometimes I wish we weren't."

Hello, fellow friends and fans of Haydalie! You're probably all thinking, "Well, it's about time she updated!" Sorry for the wait, guys! I've been ultra-busy lately with my other books, and have added a few to the collection. I hope you are enjoying my other books, too btw! So, to get to the real point here, I just wanted to thank and dedicate this chapter to the lovely @NinatheJediMaster for her absolute support and kindness for this book. She has been super kind all the way through this journey, and I especially wanted to thank her for that special recommendation for this book she posted on her page for everyone to see. Well, hopefully I'll be able to update soon, and thank you to everyone who is reading this book!