Sixty Three

Hayden

We decided, a few days later, after Temple forgave us and convinced us that she understood that we wouldn't be having another baby as an opportunity for another girl, we would visit the beach since we all had open schedules.

After we all had our bathing suits on and were putting sunscreen on the kids, they whined and tried to pull away.

But I didn't blame them; every kid hated getting sunscreen applied... and so did I.

So when I was done putting it on Temple, she asked me, "Can we go to Wreck Beach?"

I laughed a little. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because. How did you hear about that, anyway?"

"My friend Stella at school said that her mommy and daddy go there on the weekends."

I raised my eyebrows, standing up. "Hm."

"Hayden, here are the towels," Natalie said, handing me a beach bag full of them. "So if you could take that out to the car..." She ran back to the kitchen and came back to the front of the house with a few lunchbags. "And these, too. I'll get the boys if you take Temple."

"Alright, babe." I took the bags from her and Temple's hand and walked out with her, setting everything in the car. I clipped her in her seatbelt and once we got the boys in the car and everything ready, we were on our way to the beach.

**********************************

Once we were at the beach, Natalie left me, going down to the ocean with the boys, with Temple to set up the towels and cooler.

As soon as I took my shirt off and draped it over my beach chair, Temple sat down in front of me and started playing in the sand. I sat down in my lounge chair and took off my sunglasses, wiping them off with the bottom of my shorts.

As I lifted them back up, looking through them to make sure they were clean and then sliding them back on, I saw a woman in the reflection, walking towards me from behind.

I looked around, and walking my way, towards the ocean was a woman with bleach blonde hair thrown up into a bun on top of her head and aviator sunglasses. She waved at me and smiled flirtatiously, swaying her hips as she passed.

When she was down at the ocean with her friends and wasn't looking my way, I rolled my eyes.

Did she really think she could seduce me when I already had a wife?

Girls...

Or more accurately...

Fangirls...

Anyway, right after that happened my wife came back and sat below me on her towel, holding August in her lap.

"Can I have a massage, babe? Just like I do for you?"

I hesitated, cocking my head. Then I glanced over at the girl in the ocean.

"Of course, babe," I replied, smiling. I set my hands on her shoulders and rubbed them with my thumbs. As the girl looked back at me, her jaw dropped, not as apparent as in the movies, but it did, and I could tell she was surprised. I smiled at her tauntingly, and she sneered back and turned back around.

Ha. I tricked her. Sort of.

So for her information, she should know I'm reserved by another woman already. And kids.

And I wouldn't give them up for the anything. Even for some flirty girl.

Well, definitely not for some flirty girl, actually.

Not even for the world.