Shall Not Fear

I was walking with the boys and their new friend Kite. I guess Kite and Gon have a bit if History. And Kite is Gon's dad's student. I got the story from Kite when we first met in the trees a few hours after I barely jumped the giant gorge separating NGL. Chimera ants huh? Sounds fun. I had us surrounded in my En right now so no one could do surprise attacks. We've come across a lot of destroyed villages and blood scenes since we've been here. I think it's been almost a week now. Things have been uninteresting. I stiffened at the smell of blood and stopped walking. Kite and Killua have come to depend on my nose. Gon's is good, almost as good as mine but he still needed a few years of practice.
"What's wrong?" Gon asked me looking around in suspicion.
"Follow me." I told them and took off running at a pace they could keep up. I came upon a village. It was empty but a trail of blood leading away from horse stables to some more trees. Gon took the lead and we went after the trail. We came across 3 horses in a free. It was gruesome but it was a ritual birds sometimes do. Gin explained it to Killua and I heard someone walking towards us.
"Hey!" Gon and Killua turned around in shock. Did they not feel its presence? It was a predator doofs. They needed to learn to rely on their other senses better. I stayed where I was facing the horses.
"Those are mine!" It snarled angrily before walking forward and I'm assuming hitting the boys from their grunts. I let a blood thirsty ahra escape me the same time Kite did to make him stop. Mine was to get him away from the boys. Kite's was to warn him who's stronger. I turned around, my eyes already glowing gold in anger as I looked at the boys.
"You okay?" I asked as the creature paused, sweat starting to adorn his face. The boys stood up and nodded. Kite suddenly disappeared and popped up next to a tree a few yards away.
"You mjst defeat him if you want to stick with me. If your unable to then I won't allow you to continue and slow me down." He told them making me glare slightly. When I looked back at them they looked resolved with their strong auras around them.
"Haven't we already told you?" Gon started walking towards the creature followed by Killua.
"We're Pros too." Killua finished for him. I smirked and appeaered beside Kite leaning against the tree. They could handle this. It took a few tries but finally Killua jumped into the air and electrocuted him. I nudged Kite as Gon readied his punch. He nodded without looking for the new enemy. Someone was watching us and they didn't feel friendly. Gon punched the creature into the air just as a figure swooped out and caught it while it fell.
"He was smart. He observed our abilities and strengths while his comrade took the brunt of it." Kite muttered. I nodded.
"Yeah. That means they aren't all brainless brutes like that guy." I threw in.
"This just got alot more dangerous." I finished with a sigh and anticipation leaking from my aura. Kite looked down at me like I was crazy before telling the boys to follow him. I stayed where I was and got ahold of myself for a few more minutes. I'll have to thank Gon when this is over. I can tell this is going to be an absolute blast. Especially since Gon unknowingly just opened that creatures aura knodes. If it survives the attacks it can become stronger. I felt a shiver of pleasure pass through my body as I ran to catch up to my group.

Time skip brought to you by juicy fruit.

We all sat around a small fire. Gon and Killua talking at high speed about there earlier fight. I was starting to doze off. It's been almost 5 days since I last slept because I was having too much fun exploring this unidentified place. Suddenly I felt something step into my En. It was about 80 feet away from us but it was coming closer. I jerked slightly in irritation for whatever it was interrupting my sleep. Then something else came into my En. Two huh? How amusing.
"What's wrong?" Kite asked me and I looked to see he was watching me knowingly. I smiled at him.
"Gotta take a tinkle." I made an excuse so the boys didn't get excited again. Kite nodded and nodded in the direction. I slowly walked and then ran when I was out of sight of the boys. Kite was close to my level. That was totally awesome. I heard someone running and panting desperately and a maniacal laugh to my right. I jumped between the human and insect. The human was wearing a white vest. Must be one of NGL's underground workers. So the drug rumor was true... I looked from the human to the ant and grinned.
"Am I interrupting something?" I asked the ant who only smirked. I let forth a blood thirst aura and it stopped in its tracks.
"That's right. No your place bug." I snarled at it as I flashed over to it and took its arm. It howled in pain as I started tearing it apart with small giggles. My animal instincts kicking in. Predator and prey. This was my prey. The creatures screams surely made it to my group by now but Kite would make sure they didn't bother me. When it was dead I threw its body parts away from the body and removed its head. I looked at the human who was on the ground looking at me with fear.
"Y-y-y-y-your're a m-m-monster!" He stuttered over his words making me frown.
"Yeah. Your welcome. It's not like I just saved your life or anything." He shook his head quickly in denial. I sighed.
"Whatever. Just get home." I grumbled as I walked past him he squeaked and tried to get away. I ignored it. I was used to people being afraid of me. I was about 10 feet away from him when he called after me.
"W-wait." I turned around to see him looking at me with a more composed face.
"What is it?" I asked in irritation. I just wanted to go to sleep.
"Take me with you. I won't survive out here alone." He pleaded from his spot on the ground. I looked carefully at him, studying him.
"So you want me to put myself and my group in danger just because your afraid to die? You would slow us down. It's not happening." I told hhim coldly.
"Please!" He begged standing up in his shaky legs. I sighed and started to walk towards him. He tried to hide his fear but failed as I got closer. He fell back down in his butt. I kneeled down to look him in the eye.
"Your weak. I have no interest in the weak. I don't protect people, I kill people. I'm not going to bring you with us and drag us down. We're all strong and I won't have a ball and chain with us. If you continue to beg I'm going to kill you like a pathetic little cretin you are." I snarled before flashing away and back to my camp. Since when did I get so patient? So lenient? Gah! These kids are messing with my badassery. But I wouldn't leave them. Never. I made it back to camp and got a surprised look from the boys.
"You really did a number in whatever it was." Killua said with a deadpan face. I shrugged.
"It unteruppted my sleep." I mumbled laying back down in my spot.
"Remind me to not bother her when she's sleeping." I heard Killua whisper to Gon who gave a a grunt in agreement. I grinned at them.
"Don't worry. As long as it doesn't involve water you can wake me up. I know your scents so I would attack you." They shivered as I chuckled and closed my eyes again.
"I'll be taking over in En." Kite mumbled to me as the boys started chattering again. We have started a rhythm of taking shifts. It was making our teamwork as good as Feitan's and Phinks's. Which was wierd because I wasn't a team person. I didn't mind though. He was strong. I was okay with him watching my back.

Gon:
I heard Usa-chan start to breathe more even and deeper.
"Do you think she actually cares about us?" Killua asked me. He asked me before we fought Genthru too. I looked at him puzzled for a second before answering.
"Yeah. She says I remind her of her brother and I can tell she misses him. She even said she would fight a Troupe member to protect us. And she always keeps us safe at night since we've been here. I wake up to see her always walking away and grumbling about stupid bugs. I even think she's starting to warm up to Kite. She fell asleep finally and left him to watch over us. That's gotta be some form of trust. I think she cares about us. She's different from the other Troupe members. She isn't just a killer. She obviously has loyalty unlike them." I finished saying my thoughts. Kite was paying attention and Killua looked at me like I'd grown a second head.
"She seems to care about you to me as well. Why do you doubt her Killua?" Kite asked my best friend. He looked at Usa-chan and then at the ground.
"Because she can be brutal. I wonder if she just doesn't feel the same as Hisoka does towards us. Only waiting until we get stronger so he can fight us." Killua muttered not used to the attention on him. I smiled at him as he looked back up to me.
"She isn't like that. Usa-chan wouldn't hurt us or let anyone else hurt us. I trust her. Plus she's super strong so she's a good ally to have around. And she's funny when she's in a good mood too." I chuckled remembering some things that happened when we first got here. "Don't be so suspicious. Usa-chan said she wouldn't hurt us and I believe her." I finished. Killua blushed and looked away like he does when I say something about friendship with him.
"Yeah yeah. Your too trusting idiot." He muttered before laying down next to the fire. I liked Usa-chan. I didn't get any bad vibes from her. Not even at the Troupe hideout. I was just on edge from everyone else. I shrugged to myself and laid down next to Killua.
"You should keep her close Gon. Her and Killua will be your best chance at staying alive and finding your Ging-san." I looked at Kite.
"That's not why I want them around. I want them around because they're my dearest friends." I told him with a hard look. He chuckled.
"I know. I'm just letting you know. Neither will let anything happen to you." I smiled at him as he leaned against a tree and closed his eyes. I fell asleep shortly after.

Usa:
It was warm. I felt my arm start to burn. I jerked awake from the pain on my right arm earning a surprised look from Kite. I looked down to see a big ass tick on my arm digging its way into my skin. I tore it out and squeezed the head out as well with a disgusted look.
"All these fucking insects are gonna be my undoing!" I grumbled as I stood up. The sky was light. It must be around 5 am. I slept for a good 7 hours. Sweet! I stretched my limbs and stood up.
"I'm surprised you felt that." Kite said quietly.
"Well. When you've lived in the wild with bugs and animals your whole life, you know the signs." I Muttered still sleepy.
"I'm going to bathe. I'll be back before they wake up." I told Kite who nodded his head. "Oh. You can take your En down. I'll starting using mine Again." I told him.
"Can you? You've been using every night it for almost a week straight." He questioned. I looked at him. Is he a a moron?
"Of course I can!" I snapped as I made my way away from the camp and to find a water hole. I heard him chuckling as I walked away and was tempted to go punch him upside the head. Tch. Doubting me! How dare he!