Everything else

I had woken aftera few hours. Gon and Killua caught me up on the situation. We were trailing 3 ants to see if they lead us to a nest. Gon said we've been at it most of the night. It had to be around 4 or 5 in the morning by now. I slept a good 5 hours or so and felt like I could take over the world.
"Next time you don't rest like that no one could be around. You could die you know!" Kite scolded me looking at me from under his hat.
"Yeah, yeah. Whatever. It wouldn't have happened had those to twerps quit being crack hea-." I cut myself off when I felt an intense feeling. It scared me which pissed me off. Kite felt it too. We both ducked down with sweat covering our faces.
"That's a monster." Kite told me lowly. I nodded my head. I no longer felt human. My eyes turning from hazel to gold. An immense aura surroudning my body. My muscles tensed for a fight. An inhuman growl coming from deep within my chest.
"Kite! usadin! What's wrong?" Gon asked us seriously. I spotted it jump off the side if the nest and head toward us at a ridiculous speed.
"Gon! Killua! Get away from us!" Kite yelled at them. It flew past me and took Kite's arm. I spun around and snarled at it. It looked back to the boys and I flashed in front of them with an animalistic facial feature. Killua was the only one in his right mind. Gon created a string aura to attack.
"Ba-!" Kite and I snarled at the same time. I never took my eyes off the creature.
"Take Gon and yourself to safety Killua. Don't look back and don't return unless it's with help strong enough to beat that thing." I told Killua who with a panicked nod and breath grabbed Gon and ran as fast as he could. He was out of my En shortly after.
"Kite." I half spoke and half growled his name. He held out his hand to summon his ability.
"Back me up Usadin. If I'm defeated you need to go with Gon and Killua. They still need you." My eyes widened and all the tension left my muscles as he spoke. Sacrifice himself? Why?! Why would he die when he has me to help him?! I knew he was out of his legue. He knew as well. Why? The creature was watching him but tensed towards me.
"Oh your in trouble this time Kite. Let's hope you get a good role." It came out as a mace. He whirled it around before settling it in his hand and watching the ant intently.
"Oh? You can do things like that?" It asked. I watched in horror as they fought. (I'm making their fight up since it wasn't in the anime or manga) it jumped at him but he dodged it this time hitting it in the shoulder with the mace. It didn't even notice the pain. When they jumped down into the river I jumped down after them. If I could I would save him and run with him. The chances were too slim but not impossible. Depended how this fight went.
"Usadin! It's impossible!" Kite knew what I was thinking. The ant went after him again as he spoke but it managed to only get a gash that should have taken his leg off thanks to the mace. It came down on its head but it ignored the pain again. It started to attack relentlessly.
"Kite!" I yelled as his leg was officially removed and he had a long gash down his back. The creature had some bruises and scratches. Kite laid in the stream, bleeding and trying to move away. His leg thrown far away from the fight. The ant walked over to him slowly, with the eyes of a predator. A look I knew all too well. My body moved before I even considered what the consequences would be. I stood in front of Kite who cursed at me as soon as I moved.
"Go after Gon and Killua! There is nothing else here!" He yelled at me. I shook my head furiously still looking at the ant. It shocked me to deal wetness on my face and eyes stinging. It cocked its head at me and did the same flare of evil aura it did to the boys earlier. I did the same back to it. My aura flaring around me. Between the two of us the water was parted between us and crashing into the banks.
"Do humans always sacrifice themselves for each other? Why? Why don't you just let the other person die and save yourself?" It asked in an honestly curious tone. Like it was just recently born and didn't understand many things.
"I'd expect nothing less from a feline." I snarled the last word with disgust before continuing.
"I don't. I usually don't protect people. I kill people. I steal from people. I grew up with animals not humans. But somehow I managed to learn to trust someone and I'm not about to let that person die." It wasn't a total lie. I trusted Feitan and Phinks's... For the most part... And Chrollo. But I trusted Kite too. I didn't want him to die if I could help it.
"Usadin. Run." I winced visilbly at how weak his voice sounded.
"If you don't mind I'd like to end this quickly. He needs help." I summoned my wolves and watched its hackles rise. Felines.
"Let's go, my babies!" I yelled as we charged the ant. My wolves causing distractions while I waited for an opening. When I found one I put plenty of nen into my back wolf and let it leap at it. I leapt at it side. It kicked the wolf aside so I sent it away mid air and laughed sadistically as I landed on its back. We were equal in speed but it had the upper hand in strength which pissed me off. I was supposed to be the strongest. Uvogin. Lend me your strength. I begged in my head as it turned to look at me with its pupils into thin little slits. I tackled it to the ground with growls as we rolled around and tried to overpower each other. It snapped my arm making me wince but still fight. I trapped it between my body and the ground. My other hand around its throat and our faces inches apart. My breathing was hard. It was barely winded. Guess I'm not even close to be a match for it. It stared at me with seriousness for the first time the entire fight.
"Usadin." Kite called making my hand twitch and let go of the ant. I sat on it, grabbing my arm before getting off of it and heading towards Kite. It didn't attack for some reason though I was definitely waiting for it and expecting it. I kneeled down next to Kite and smiled at him. Blood drops were hitting the water that was already russet colored from him.
"Go after Gon and Killua. There isn't anything else you can do. It's stopped for now. Just get away from here." He pleaded with me. I nodded once and put my forehead to his chest. He raised his remaining arm and patted my hair.
"Leave me. I want to die as a hunter." He whispered again.
"I'm sorry." I whispered before turning around. It was watching us curiously. I flashed away and ran after the boys. I didn't understand my thinking. I was going to save him. But while I was over it I saw it winning and Gon being left without Kite or me. I saw Uvo in my head telling me to leave and go after Gon. To protect him. To let Kite die an honorable death and go after my boys. I felt tired again but knew it was not physically. I felt like a traitor. Leaving Kite to die. I guess I really do belong in the Phantom Troupe.

Time skip brought to you by I learned penis in Japanese the other day finally.

I arrived at the large trees and walked right through. People tried to stop be but I shoved them aside and created havoc within the place. I saw Gon and Killua leaning against it. An old man with a strong Aura, a large burly man holding a big weapon and a thinner man with glasses and a 'I'm better than you' look standing in front of them. They all looked over as I walked down the steps and to Gon. He was still passed out.
"Usa! Usa what happened? Your injured? Where's Kite?" Killua stood from his spit and bombarded me with questions.
"Another one huh? You guys shouldn't have gone and done the impossible." The big man teased.
"Morel." The suited man sighed. I glared at him and unleashed a murderous aura. The two beside the old man took a step back.
"Do you think you can defeat me?" I asked them in a snarl. They didn't answer.
"Do you think you can defeat something that's about 30 times stronger than me?" I shouted at them with a small tear falling from my eyes.
"I'm member of the Genei Ryodan. I'm a notorious criminal. I'm a fucking monster. A heartless fucking beast. I'm strong and I'm fast and I've killed more people than you could ever know about. I've killed 13 of those ants so far. Spuad leaders or other wise! But that thing. That was a real monster. Compared to that I'm just a dreamer. Dreaming that I was strong. Pretending to be one if the best. It's all a lie! It's a big fucking fake reality. Humans can't defeat that thing. And it was a royal guard which means there are gonna be 2 more just as if not stronger! So no! You guys need to lose your cocky attitudes and quit trying to do the impossible with us." The big guy blinked at my out burst and cleared his throat. The old man laid a hand in my shoulder.
"I can tell your strong. When you're healed we will be looking forward to working with you." The old man started to walk forward, the other two finally getting ahold of themselves and following him. He paused again and held out two wooden pieces.
"We sent two assassins to a nearby city. If you can defeat them then you can join us again. We aren't desperate. We only seek the strong." The old man told Killua as he tossed him the pieces. He looked at me for a moment.
"You should leave the Troupe. Your not heartless. I'll recommend you for the hunters exam. When that arm is healed you can come join us with whoever else joins us. You have 1 month." He finished with one last look at Killua.

Timeskip again because I don't member what all happens.

I was standing behind them holding my arm. I was trying to control my panic. That wouldn't help me here. A message for them was written in a black board. Gon was still unconscious and over Killua's shoulder. Once Killua read the message he turned towards me.
"Is Kite alive or not?" He asked me. I looked away from him.
"I don't know. He was alive when I left." But barely and not for long I thought in my head. He nodded his head with a sad look.
"Let's get him to a bed and we can talk later." I walked ahead of him. I hated lying to him. We both knew Kite was alive but I had to at least give Gon a spark of hope. If Killua knew he was dead for a fact then he would tell Gon and Gon would absolutely lose it. I'll just keep it in for now. Even if it makes Gon hate me later in. At least he will be alive and hating me instead of dead because he charged in out of anger. I left Killua and Gon in a room. I stood outside the door as if I was a body guard. I felt stupid for having such a childish out burst at those men.
"How are you feeling?" Kite asked from the other side of the door.
"I'm good." Gon told him. Killua explained to him about the assassins and the message on the board.
"I'm sorry Gon?" Killua suddenly said after a few minutes of silence.
"Hmm? What for Killua?"
"I let Kite die!" He half shouted and cried. No you didn't. I did. I left him behind to the enemies clutches.
"Kite's alive!" Gon told him victoriously. My eyes widened where I stood and a tear left my eye. I was sure Killua had a somewhat identical look on his face too.
"Kite wouldn't let that thing kill him. But given his injuries he can't move around very well. So we need to hurry and get back out there after we're stronger. To save him!" I fell down to my knees in the hallway and covered my mouth to hide my sobs. This was the second time in my life that I have cried that I remember and it was more painful than I thought it would me. My broken arm hung loosly at my side. There wasn't saving him. I'm so sorry Gon. When you find out I left Kite to die and kept it from you... You'll never forgive me.