❤️He Meets Your Family

L
Your parents wanted to meet L so they made a dinner.
Before you walked into your parents house, you warned him. "Sorry if my parents are a little...out there...with what they say."

L laughed. "It's quite alright."

You both walked in and your mother was there ready to jump on you. "(Y/n)! Nice to see you again! Where's your boyfriend?"

"Here's right here." You said motioning behind you.

"Aww aren't you darling!" You mom yelled as she went to hug him. Your dad came in and shook L's hand. Then you all sat at the table for dinner.
This is the part you dreaded. The table talk.

"So, uh, Ryuzaki? What do you do for a living?" Asked your dad.

Of course, L being L, went under his alias and false background. "I am training to be a detective. I'm currently an intern at the police station."

"Oh isn't that a great job!" You mom said, amazed.

"Just good enough to support my daughter." Your dad added in. You sighed but L looked at you saying it was okay.

"So, I already have ideas for the nursery." Mom told you.

"What nursery?" You asked.

"For the grand-babies you're giving me! I can't wait!"

L and your dad choked on their drink while you face palmed.

Light
You didn't worry about Light meeting your family. You already knew he would make a good impression.

"So Light, what do you plan on doing after college?" Asked your dad.

"Well I want to be a detective. My dad is Chief of the NPA so I want to follow in his footsteps and criminal justice is what I've always been interested in." Light told him.

"That's a really good field to go into." Your dad said.

"Someone there to always protect our daughter." Your mom added in.

Light and your dad continued to talk about politics and crime when your mom leaned over to you.
"Light really is a great guy. You've caught a good one." She said.

You giggled. "Yes I did."

Matt
"Nice to meet you, Matt." You mom said and shook his hand. Your dad and brother did the same.

"Nice to meet you guys too." Matt said. You gave a small laugh. You've never seen Matt so polite before.

Then all of you went to eat at a steak restaurant downtown.

"Hey Matt, I heard you like video games." You brother said.

Matt laughed. "Of course I do. My favorite is Super Smash Bros."

Your brother nodded. "You look like more of a COD type of player though."

"Eh," Matt said, "COD's cool but I usually like to play the old school sort of games."

"You like working with technology, Matt?" Your dad asked.

"Yes! That's my specialty!" He said.

You and your mom laughed when the three guys started to talk about geeky stuff.

Mello
Your parents were a bit strict and had high expectations so you were nervous on how they would react to meeting your new boyfriend.

"Don't worry so much." Mello said and hugged you from behind. "It'll be fine."

You sighed and unlocked the door to your house. "Mom, we're here."

"Oh, hello." She said to Mello.

"Hi, I'm Mello." He introduced himself.

"Interesting name." Your mom smiled.

Then your dad came in and introduced himself. "Son, let's go have a talk."
You gave Mello a look of worry but he smiled at you reassuringly.

You and your mom were talking while your dad was giving Mello the "talk."

"He seems like a nice guy." She said.

"He really is. He acts tough but he's a teddy bear." You smiled. "Where are they anyway?"

Your mom shrugged. "Let's go check."

You and your mom walked to the kitchen to see Mello and your dad drunk and laughing with each other.

"Really?" You said with a sigh.

Near
Usually it's the boyfriend that's nervous to meet the family but Near was calm. You were the nervous one.

"Don't be so nervous, love." Near said, giving you a small kiss.
You smiled a little and walked into your parents house.

"Hun, (y/n)'s here!" Shouted your mom to your dad.

Both your parents came in and greeted Near. Your parents were very welcoming to him.
"So how did you guys meet?" Your mom asked.

"He's the one that helped me pick out Nia's (your niece) birthday present." You said.

"Oh you're the one that did that?" Your mom smiled.

Near smiled back and nodded.

"Well actually, Nia is here. She's asleep in our room." Your dad told you.

"Grandma?" A small voice came from the hall.

"Spoke too soon." Your dad laughed.

You introduced Nia to Near and then you all talked for a while. Suddenly, Nia grabbed Near's hand and dragged him to the play room.

"Does he mind?" Your mom asked.

You laughed. "No, he's a child at heart so he'll have fun."

"Hmm." Your dad said. "Well good news is, I approve of him."

Matsuda
Matsuda was nervous to meet your family. You tried to tell him that everything would be okay since he already met your brother but he was still a little anxious.

"You'll be fine." You told him with a hug. Then you pulled him into the house where your mom,dad, and brother immediately greeted him.

"Here I got this for you." Matsuda said, holding out a potted plant for your mom.

"Why thank you! That's very kind!" She said while taking the gift.
Then you all sat down for a dinner your mom made.

"Matsuda, I can't thank you enough for helping find my son." Your dad told him.

"It's no problem at all. I helped because I wanted to." Matsuda said.

The rest of the night, Matsuda's nervousness disappeared and he felt comfortable being with your family.
They enjoyed having him over.