-You Become Friends

-L-
Ever since your first encounter with this sweet loving man, he came in more often, and you two eventually became friends.

"You know, you should stop eating so much sugary food," You said as you were packing more cake, "you can get sick, and I would hate to lose my best customer."

L's eyes narrowed, "So that's all you care about?"

You giggled and clocked off your shift, walking with him back to his headquarters. He told you a while ago that he was "L," and you promised to keep it a secret.

"So anything new with your Sherlock Holmes work?" You teased.

L rolled his eyes. "Yes, there is a girl currently missing right now."

"Who?" You asked curiously.

He looked at you. "You, if you don't stop with the Sherlock jokes. Being the number one detective in the world, you don't know how many times I hear these  jokes."

You smirked. "No shit, Sherlock."

-Light-
"Light! Guess what!" You yelled, running towards your friend.

He smiled. "What?"

"I got a B+ on my math exam!" You cheered, shoving the paper in his face.

Light laughed. "That's great! See, I told you that you could do it. Now don't go back into a lazy habit and stop studying."

You groaned. "But studying is so boring! I don't know how you can do it all day!"

He chuckled. "How about I help you study?"

"Yes!" You agreed. "With breaks in between?"

"Yeah, but only ten minutes."

You sighed and walked away with your head down. Light shook his head and followed after you.

-Matt-
"What the hell?! You cheated!" You yelled at your gaming buddy.

Matt smirked. "I didn't cheat. I found a short cut."

You and Matt became friends after your quarrel over the video game. You guys came an agreement that you would split the cost and play it together. Now here you are, sitting in Matt's living room while you game together.

"No, you hacked the game." You pouted.

He laughed. "Sore loser."

"What was that?" You asked.

"SORE LOSER!" He emphasized.

You narrowed your eyes and tackled him to the ground.

-Mello-
After the argument with Mello, he was kind enough to take you to his apartment to dry off. Ever since then, you two have been cool with each other, although you still bicker.

"Mello, I got you chocolate!" You called out.

He rushed into the room. "Really?!"

You laughed. "Nope! Just wanted to see how addicted you are. I'm shocked you still have all your teeth. They should be rotten by now."

He glared at you." That's so uncool, (y/n). Also, I take care of my teeth, thank you very much."

"Whatever you say." You said slowly, taking a seat on the zebra print couch.

"You saying I'm lying?!" Mello asked.

"No, because I said, "whatever you say," which means I agree or believe what you said." You explained.

"Smartass." He mumbled.

-Near-
You gave your niece her present you picked out and she loved it. If only you could thank that guy again. Luck was on your side when you ran into him again at the store when he was buying cards. You two talked and became quite good friends.

"How many card towers have we built so far?" You asked, looking at all the stacks around you guys.

"224." Near said, as he finished another tower.

"Whoa that's a lot." You said in shock. You really needed to go to the bathroom so you tried to maneuver yourself in between your creations, but you being clumsy, tripped and fell on a card tower. The cards on that tower fell and knocked the other towers over, sort of like a domino effect.

After all the cards dropped, Near sighed and gave the tiniest smile. "Let's put together a puzzle instead."

-Matsuda-
Matsuda has been helping you find your brother. You guys put up missing persons fliers, asked friends, family, random towns people, and often drove around hoping you'll see him.

"This is useless. We've been searching for two weeks now." You said, slumping on the couch.

Matsuda walked up to you with determination. "We can't stop trying, (y/n)! He will come up eventually. But if he doesn't...you know you did everything you could to try to find him."

You gave a small smile, tears in the corner of your eyes. "Thanks, Matsuda. You've been such a big help."

He grinned. "It's no problem, really! I'm here if you need me!"