Chapter 2 - Recognising:

You stand up from the floor and make your way over to Stiles' bed where Scott still lies unconscious.

"How long do you think he'll be out?" You ask Stiles who continues to sit on the floor.
"Not sure," he replies.

You review Scott's wounds and to your surprise, they are still not healing.

"They're not healing," you tell Stiles.
"I know," he says.
"I know, but I mean they're STILL not healing," you tell him.
"I know," Stiles repeats.
"How do you know? You're all the way over there, and besides you haven't even looked over. You've just been staring at that same spot on the wall for the past few minutes," you confront him.

Stiles doesn't answer to you. Instead, he turns his head slowly and looks directly into your eyes from afar. His tense glare makes you feel timid and you manoeuvre your eyes somewhere else.

'Why is he being this way with me?'

"(Y/N)," he says, his voice rough.

You don't reply with your voice but instead, look at him for an answer.

"Why are you so cold?" He asks.

Confused, you think back to when he asked you the same question earlier on before Scott arrived.

"Stiles that was like an hour ago," you tell him.
"No," Stiles says. "You're cold."
"I'm not cold," you inform him.
"You didn't think you were cold earlier until you felt it," he says and turns his head back to his prior, staring at that spot on the wall again.

You're still confused as you think, 'how would he know if I'm cold now? He's not even near me.'

Slowly, you lift your hand up, repeating your previous actions, and you place your hand on your cheek. When the surface of your hand comes in contact with the skin on your face, you jump a little to the icy touch.

"I told you," Stiles says, still staring at the wall which isn't near you; in fact is the opposite way so Stiles isn't even facing you.
"How did you," you don't finish as thoughts begin to race through your mind.

'How did he know I placed my hand on my cheek? He weren't even facing me. Never mind that, but how did he know I was still cold? I didn't even know it, and he isn't anywhere near me.'

"I know I'm not near you," he says. "But I can feel it."
"Okay now that's creepy," you say.

Stiles looks over his shoulder back at you. "What is?"
"The fact you knew I was cold, you knew I put my hand on my cheek and you also knew what I was thinking," you tell him, your tone becoming fast and a little frightened.
"I knew what you were thinking?" Stiles asks sarcastically. "I doubt it."
"What do you mean?" You ask, confusion creeping on your facial expression.
"I couldn't have knew what you were thinking. That's just stupid," he says.
"Oh yeah, and Scott being a werewolf is also stupid," you use his words.

Stiles sighs and stands up from the floor, making his way towards you.

"Listen," he says. "As much as Scott being a werewolf is unrealistic, it's real. Me, being able to read your mind is pathetic as it is not real, understand?"
"You don't need to talk to me like I'm 5 years old," you tell him.

You're becoming quite annoyed with his attitude and turn away from him so that you're now facing Scott's unconscious body.

"(Y/N)," Stiles says softly but with a rough tone as his hands are being placed on the curves of your hips.

You don't answer him. You just wait to see what he does next.
Stiles' grip becomes tighter on your hips as his lips are manoeuvring around your neck.