Chapter 3 - Confronting with the explanation:

"What's happened?" Scott's mom asks as she approaches the doorway to Stiles' room, finally arriving.
"He can't remember," you tell her, applying pressure to Scott's wounds again.
"Are they not healing?" She asks confused.
"No," you reply.
"Alright," she says as she pulls out her first aid kit. "We're going to have to stitch him up, do this the normal way."

You nod and look back to Scott, who's face is turning a pale colour.

"Scott?" You ask, trying to getting his attention.

His eyes don't follow your voice, and instead start to travel slowly to the back of his head.

"No," you say. "No! Scott!"
"What is it?" His mom asks as she runs towards you both.

She notices his pale face and his wondering eyes, and is startled. You look at her, and her face seems to be going a pale colour too.

"Hey," you say and snap her out of her startled position. "Are you okay?"
"I-I'm fine," she stutters.
"No you're not," you tell her. "Scott is going to be alright."

She looks at you for a good few seconds before nodding and getting to work on stitching him up.

"(Y/N), I need you to apply the pressure on his deepest wound, so I can start to stitch that up," she tells you, and you nod and do what she says. "Okay, Scott stay with us alright."
"Scott," you say to help. "Follow my voice."

You see that Scott is trying is best to battle with his need to just close his eyes, and so you keep talking to him about random things that he needs to answer to, to take his mind off of it and to get a response from him.

"Hey," Scott's mom says.
"What?" You ask.
"What's this?" She asks as she grabs her tweezers and pulls out a dead firefly from Scott's wound.

As soon as you see the firefly, you have a vivid flashback to around a year ago.

"(Y/N), what is it?" Scott's mom asks.

You look at her, with a paranoid look on your face.

"What's wrong?" She asks getting worried.
"Stiles," you say.
"Stiles?" She asks, confused. "What about Stiles?"
"Remember last year when he became possessed by that demon fox?" You ask.
"How could I forget," she answers. "Nogitsune, right?"
"Yes," you reply. "I think it's happening again."

You and Scott's mom pause for a second, and then it clicks in her mind.

"So that's what the firefly is about," she says.
"Yes," you tell her.

The two of you look down to Scott's wound, which is now healing once the firefly had been taken out. You both look at each other in confusion, but you both also process in your minds the sense of it all.
Scott manages to sit up after the wound heals. He feels where the deep cut was, but it's gone now.

"Thank God," he says in relief.

Scott looks at you and his mom, and sees the horrid expression on both faces.

"What's wrong?" He asks.
"Scott you're right," you tell him. "That wasn't Stiles."
"Hang on a minute," his mom stops you. "Where is Stiles?"
"Right here," Stiles answers as he walks into the room.
"Where did you go?" Scott asks.

You look down to Scott who gives you a 'just go along with it' look.

"Nowhere important," he answers and walks over to you.

You don't say anything. You don't even gasp. You just stare at him and try to control your breathing.
Scott nudges you on the arm and you look back down to him.