Chapter 4 - Go Ahead:

"No," Scott says firmly. "No fucking way."
"Why not?" You ask.
"We are not, and I repeat for the final time, NOT, putting Stiles back into that mental institution. The Nogitsune will be able to get to him like last time, and innocent people will still get hurt, maybe even killed," Scott explains.
"It's more likely he's going to hurt someone if he's out in the streets," you tell him.
"Not technically," Scott says. "If he's out in the streets, we can run away. If he's in the mental institution, the patients can't run away, they're stuck in there with him."

You sigh to yourself as you personally think putting Stiles into the mental institution would be better, but Scott is standing his ground.

"I think we need to inform his father," Scott's mom suggests.
"Yeah," Scott agrees as he takes out his phone from his pocket. "(Y/N), you should check on Stiles."

You nod to Scott and make your way into Stiles' bedroom, to find Stiles sitting on the floor with his knees tucked under his arms and his head placed on the surface of his knees.

"Stiles," you say softly, approaching him.

Stiles lifts his head up and looks at you.

"Are you alright?" You ask, knowing that was a stupid question.

Stiles doesn't answer, he just places his head back onto the surface of his knees. You kneel down in front of him and gently rub his leg.

"Why does this have to happen to me again?" He mumbles from under his arms.
"I don't know," you say. "But we'll figure it out like Scott said. We always figure it out and we will fight until there's nothing left."
"What if it comes to a point where there IS nothing left?" Stiles asks as he lifts his head up, and you notice the tears filling his eyes.

You quickly place your hand on his cheek, wiping away the first tear drop with your thumb.

"It's not going to get to that point," you tell him.
"But what if it does?" He asks.
"It won't," you reassure him.
"But what if," he says as he closes his eyes and leans his head against the wall in distress.
"If you're thinking about a what if," you start. "Think of a positive what if."
"A positive what if?" He asks.
"Yes," you reply. "Like what if this is easier than last time? What if Scott really can figure this out?"

Stiles nods in appreciation to your suggestions, and smiles a little through the pain.

"(Y/N)," he says lightly. "I love you."

You smile and blush as you lean towards him and give him a small peck on his cheek.

"I love you too," you say.

Stiles smiles and let's out a denticulate breath of relief.
Scott joins you and Stiles in his bedroom and kneels down next to you. He looks at you and gives off a weary vibe whilst tapping Stiles' knee for comfort.

"You're going to be alright Stiles," he says and smiles.

Stiles doesn't say anything, instead he smiles back in respect to Scott's positive attitude.

"Stiles," Scott's mom says as she appears in the doorway. "You're dad is on his way."
"What do you think he's gonna say?" Stiles asks all of you before leaning his head against the wall once again, but this time in the act of fatigue and disappointment.
"Well," Scott's mom begins. "He didn't say much on the phone. He sounded a little upset, but mostly tired."
"Tired of what? Being wrapped up in supernatural bullshit all the time?" Stiles says with anger rising in his tone.
"I suffer with a lot of supernatural occurrences too Stiles. And watch your language around an elder," Scott's mom reminds Stiles who is the adult in the room.
"Yeah," Stiles commences a weak laugh. "Your son doesn't become possessed by a demon fox spirit does he?"
"Stiles," Scott stops him as his attitude is becoming out of order.
"No," Scott's mom says. "That's not Stiles."