Chapter 21 - A Stiles Connection?:

"I think I've made a connection," Lydia tells you all.
"How do you know?" Derek asks.
"I could hear something, or someone. It sounded a lot like Stiles," she explains.
"Stiles?" You ask, gasping.
"What is it?" Scott asks you, a worried look spreading across his face.
"She was meant to be contacting the Banshee, not Stiles," you tell him. "So, does that mean -"

Scott gasps too, cutting you off as he processes the same thought.

"What?" Isaac asks you both.
"Stiles is trapped," Scott informs.
"Yeah we know, in Eichen House," Isaac says.
"No," Scott says quickly, preventing them from thinking the wrong thing. "In his own mind. The Banshee has taken over and swapped positions with him."
"How did you work that out?" Derek intriguingly asks him.
"I didn't," he replies. "(Y/N) did."
"Think about it," you start to explain. "Lydia was meant to contact the Banshee that is in Stiles' mind, but instead ended up contacting Stiles. So, if the Banshee isn't the one trapped in his mind..."
"It must be Stiles," Derek finishes you off, understanding.

Lydia covers her mouth with her hands in shock. "Is Stiles in danger?"
"Not Stiles," Liam says, then takes a dramatic pause. "Everyone else."

_______________________________

The nurse waits patiently outside of the psychiatrists office for Stiles' session to end, and another nurse - a female nurse - walks up to him.

"Isn't he done yet?" She asks him.

The male nurse looks to her, and then at the patient she is holding by the arm, waiting for his session to start.

"Not yet," he says. "I think that kid Stiles, has a lot of issues he needs to sort out."
"He's never usually this long with any patient though, is he?" She asks.
"No he's not," he replies. "He never adds more time onto a sessions either, but you know the rules."
"I know I know," she groans. "Always obey Dr William's orders, never disturb him whilst he's working, and -"
"Never enter the office without permission," he cuts her off, finishing the rules.

She nods as she sits down on one of the waiting chairs, dragging the patient she holds down with her. The male nurse sighs to himself as he realises how long he's been standing, when he could have just sat down on the waiting chairs.

"Why don't you knock?" The female nurse asks.
"Because that'll be disturbing him," he answers.
"But it's for a good cause," she tells him.
"What 'good' cause is that?" He mimics.
"There are other patients waiting," she replies, and gestures for him to go ahead.

The male nurse pauses for a second, thinking.

"Alright," he says. "But if I get fired, I'm taking you down with me."
"Consider it done," she replies.

He looks to the office door, having a few moments of debating, but then steps forward; tapping lightly on the glass.

"Dr William?" He calls out, but there is no answer.

He looks back to the female nurse in confusion, and she shrugs her shoulders. "Knock again."

The male nurse knocks lightly on the door for the second time, and to their surprise, the door opens slightly.

"Dr William?" He asks, peering into the office, and then pushes the door open fully. "He's not in here."
"Where's the patient?" The female nurse asks.

He looks around the office room, and there is no sign of Dr William or Stiles anywhere. "I have no clue." He tells her, his voice a little shaky. "Where could they have gone?"
"Are there any other rooms they could have done their session in?" The female nurse asks.
"Not that I know of," he replies, continuing to search the room.