Chapter 14 - "Why me?":

"That thing is not my son," you all hear Sheriff Stilinksi say.
"Hey, I think you need a long rest before you say anything you might not know could be taken to heart," Scott's mom informs him and helps him up from the floor.
"Nobody will take it to heart," he mumbles as he barely stands. "He won't, he's not my damn son."

Stiles stops struggling to move underneath Scott's knee after hearing his father, and you, Scott, Derek and Isaac all watch to see what he does. Instead of him kicking off, getting angry or doing something chaotic that all four of you think he's going to do, he doesn't.

"What's he doing?" Isaac asks.
"I don't know," you answer.
"I told you," Derek says to you all.
"Told us what?" You ask.
"That is Stiles," he replies.
"That can't be Stiles, there's no -"
"(Y/N)," Scott stops you. "I think it really is Stiles."

You pause for a second, thinking.

'How the hell can that be Stiles? He's aggressive - in a way in which he wants to murder someone - he's fighting with his best friend, he rugby tackled his own father to the floor for crying out loud. Even his eyes are practically telling everyone that is it not Stiles.'

"You're the Controller," Derek says, noticing your puzzled look.
"I guess?" You reply.
"Well, if you can control every supernatural creature, you're gonna have to know who and what you're controlling, right?" Derek suggests.
"That's a good point," Scott says, nodding in agreement.

You wait for Derek to say something else, anything. Any order, any routine, any specific to-do list of things he wants you to do or is hinting for you to do.
Derek realises that you're still waiting on him, and rolls his eyes as he sighs to himself.

"I don't know," he tells you. "I don't know what you're supposed to do, but you're the Controller and something should come to mind."
"I've only known that I'm the Controller for a couple of hours," you tell him.
"Yeah, but Doctor Deaton said you've been doing a good job at it, so even if you don't know you're doing it or if you don't know it's right, just try," he says.
"He's right," Isaac jumps in.

You nod and look down to Stiles - who still lies effortlessly - with his white coloured eyes. You respire and bend down to get closer to him, and he turns his head slightly to look at you; even though you can't really tell whether or not he's actually looking at you.

"Stiles," you say quietly, but he doesn't answer.

You lift your hand, slowly moving it towards his face. Stiles doesn't flinch to your movements, blink or even move a muscle. You manoeuvre your hand closer to his face, and hesitate to place your hand on his cheek, but end up doing so.
Once your cold hand touch his cheek, you gasp and it feels like you zoom into vivid images.

"(Y/N)," Scott says, trying to get your attention. "Are you alright? What is it?"

You don't answer him. You don't even hear him as you're now stuck in the prevision.

*Prevision*

"Why does this happen to me?" You hear Stiles say.
"That's the big question right? Why me?" You hear someone else say. "I thought that too once before."
"You did?" Stiles asks the voice. "When?"
"It was back in the years Beacon Hills High first opened. My dreadful mother ended up forcing me to go, even though I didn't want to. I heard rumours about the high school being built on a graveyard - which is stupid I know, but I was young and gullible - and so making me go was difficult. My whole life changed within the first year of..." the voice stops.
"W-why did you stop?" Stiles asks.
"Sh..." the voice hushes Stiles. "Someone is listening."

*Reality*

You pant for breath as you look up and see that you're in Isaac's arms. He's carrying you over to the sofa in the living room of Stiles' house.