Chapter 20 - The Banshee Connection:

Sweat trickles down Stiles' forehead and slides down the shape of his brows. Light beams through his eye lids as he struggles to lift them, but manages to open his eyes just enough to faintly see what was going on. Confusion starts to spread across his dull face, as he realises he's lying down.
Stiles tries to lift his hands, but cannot as a thick, leather strap is holding them, and his feet down to the metal bed he's been placed on.

"What, what is this?" He asks breathlessly, turning his head to face straight, and notices the ceiling rushing past as he's being pushed.
"It's alright Mr Stilinski," he hears a male voice. "We're nearly there."
"Nearly there?" Stiles asks himself under his breath.

He tries to recall what had happened before all of this, but no memory comes to his mind. His body feels almost paralysed, and he can't move hardly any limbs; his muscles are weak.

"What happened to me?" He asks the male who's pushing him with a struggle to speak.
"You've been referred," the voice answers.

Stiles' eyes slowly look upwards to see the male. He notices that he's wearing a blue suit, like a nurses suit.

"I've been referred to the hospital?" He asks with a rough attempt to use his vocals.
"Not just any hospital," the male replies.

Stiles lets his head fall to the side effortlessly, and looks at the signs on the walls.

"A psychiatric ward," Stiles manages to read.
"Yep," the male says. "You've been referred to a mental hospital."

Stiles realises that the male is no ordinary nurse. He's a psychiatric nurse.
Stiles blinks slowly, and begins to notice that his sight is becoming blurred.

"Did you give me anything?" He asks.
"Give you anything?" The nurse asks confused. "Like, meds?"
"Yes," Stiles answers.
"No, not any meds yet," the nurse replies.

Stiles closes his eyes tightly, scrunching his face a little and then opens them wide, blinking lightly a few times. His sight is still blurred.

"What the hell," he mumbles to himself.

The nurse pushes the metal bed into a room, shutting the door behind him and locks it.

"Why did you lock the door?" Stiles asks.
"We can't let anyone get out now, can we?"

Stiles lifts his head up slightly, and sees two patients sitting on a bunk bed. The patients give Stiles an intimate glare, and Stiles let's his head flop back down into the bed in distress.

"Rightio," the nurse says before un-doing the leather straps and helps Stiles' weak body to sit up properly. "This is your new room."

Stiles looks around - his eyes feeling heavy - and looks back at the nurse. "This looks more like a prison cell."
"Hahaha," the nurse laughs. "You're a funny one."

Stiles raises an eyebrow at the nurse and gives him that 'It wasn't a joke,' look. The nurse gradually stops laughing as he notices Stiles' serious stare, and gulps down the awkwardness.

"Well, these are your new roommates, Charlie RedMore and Steve Campbell," the nurse introduces. "Guys, this is Stiles."

Charlie and Steve don't need to look to Stiles, as they already are glaring. Stiles gives them a little glare back, before pushing himself off the metal bed, stumbling due to his weakness. The nurse grabs hold of him just in time, and helps him over to his new bed.

"I don't know what you did to yourself son, but it must have nearly taken the life out of you," the nurse says quietly to Stiles to make it private.
"What I did to myself?" Stiles asks him. "I did nothing to myself. I don't even know what happened."
"Well you're seeing a psychiatrist in a moment, so he can get a full analysis of you," the nurse informs him. "We'll find out what happened to you."