Chapter 18 - Messenger:

"What happened just then?" Isaac asks you whilst Scott and Derek both take Stiles into Eichen House.
"N-nothing," you lie as you fold your arms, trying to hide your prevarication.

Isaac let's out a gentle laugh, knowing 100% that you're lying as he can hear your heart beat. Your face drops once you realise why he's laughing, and you finally remember that he's a werewolf.

"I'm sorry," you apologise for lying, but you really don't want to tell Isaac about your Controller powers taking over you.
"There's no need to apologise," Isaac tells you before giving a sweet smile.

You return a smile, but then bow your head immediately after flashing it; Isaac notices the lack of communication between you both.

"Hey," he says softly to calm your wracked nerves. "It's alright to smile. Just because Stiles is a little stubborn, doesn't mean you can't speak with me."
"It's not just that," you tell him, taking in a jagged inhale.
"Then, what else?" Isaac asks.

You frustratingly close your eyes and let out your jagged inhale, and Isaac observes your mood.

"(Y/N)," he says. "Why are you so tense?"
"How can I not be tense?" You ask him, frowning in stupidity. "Everything feels like it's falling apart."
"Don't talk like that," he says. "The way you think will affect your attitude, and then the way you deal with situations."
"Well, it's too late for positive thinking now," you tell him.

Just then, Scott and Derek approach you and Isaac with disappointed looks spread across their faces.

"What's wrong?" Isaac asks them.
"Nothing," Scott answers and let's out a soft but detectable sigh. "It's just, seeing Stiles being taken away from us in the state he's in, and the way he really wanted to help, it kinda hurt."
"Oh..." Isaac drags out, understanding. "I get it. It must have been hard."
"Yeah," Scott replies and gets back into the car without saying anything else to the three of you.
"Jesus," Isaac whispers to himself. "Is he alright?"
"If you knew Stiles like he does, then you'd understand," Derek tells him.
"I do understand," Isaac points out. "It's just I'm not really convinced that it hurt him as much as he says it does. I think he's hurt about something else too."
"Like what?" You ask.
"Like... maybe that he's afraid and he's hurt that he may not be able to figure this out," Isaac gives a suggestion, replying to your question.
"Well," you say. "Let's see."

You open the car door and bend down to make your face clear to Scott. He looks to you with a dull expression.

"Can we talk?" You ask him, and he nods in reply.

You get inside the car, sitting in the passenger seat and closing the door to create a private chat without Derek and Isaac.

"What's up?" You ask him, and Scott looks to you with a 'really?' look. "Not like what's up, but like... what's up?" You laugh.
"Not funny (Y/N)," Scott tells you, his voice being the same as his expression, dull.

You sigh to yourself before thinking about how to rephrase your question to a more appropriate and understanding one. It takes you a good couple of seconds before having the right kind of question to ask.

"Scott," you say softly to comfort his mood. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing's wrong," he tells you.
"Are you lying?" You ask.
"Why would I lie?" He answers impolitely as he looks to you with displeased look.
"I don't know," you reply quietly, a little bit confused and alarmed by Scott's rudeness.

Scott lets out a gentle exhale whilst closing his eyes to clear his mind.

"I'm sorry," he apologises.
"It's okay," you say immediately after his apology, feeling pushed away from him. "I think I'm gonna leave you alone for a bit."