Chapter 19 - The Game:

"Stiles?" Derek asks, confused.
"Yeah," Scott reassures him that he had heard him properly.
"How are we going to use Stiles? We just put him into the mental institution," Derek tells him.
"I know that," Scott says.
"So, how?" Derek asks.

Scott pauses, thinking for a moment. You have the same thought processing in your mind as Derek.

'How on Earth are we going to use Stiles if he's in the mental institution? Bare in mind we only just sent him off. Not only that, but what if Stiles doesn't actually help, and instead, ruins our plan by standing for the wrong side?'

"So," Isaac begins. "What's the plan?"
"We break in, get Stiles, and break out," Scott gives a brief, blunt answer.
"No shit genius," Derek says sarcastically.

Liam chuckles a little and then leans forward in his seat, his eyes telling you that he's got something to say.

"What is it Liam?" You ask him, making everyone else in the car look to him.
"I uh..." Liam feels a bit patronised. "I think we should use Lydia."
"Lydia?" Isaac asks. "Why?"
"She's a Banshee isn't she?" Liam hints.
"So?"
"So... is the one possessing Stiles," Liam sends a conclusion through Isaac's mind.

You gasp as you realise that Liam could be right, and using Lydia could be the answer. You take out your phone from your back pocket quickly, dialling Lydia's number in.

"Hello?" You say. "Lydia! Hey. Um... could you meet us outside of Eichen House?"

*A few moments later...*

You all impatiently wait for Lydia to arrive, and Derek shakes his head in disappointment.

"What?" Scott asks him.
"This plan sucks," he replies.
"Hey..." Liam drags on, feeling offended.
"Have you got a better plan?" Isaac asks him, and Derek looks to him with a displeased expression. "Guess not," Isaac concludes.
"Guys, stop with the tensioning -"

You get cut off as bright lights beam through the car, making your eyes squint. You hear the sound of a car engine switch off, and someone - Lydia - gets out of her car, closing the door.

"Finally," Isaac is relieved.

Lydia makes her way over to Scott's car, and all five of you get out to meet with her.

"So, what do you need me to do?" Lydia asks.
"We need you to try and connect with the Banshee that's possessing Stiles," Liam informs her.
"So, because I'm a Banshee, you think I'll be able to have some sort of connection with the Banshee possessing Stiles?" She asks with a tone of stupidity in her voice.
"Why doesn't anyone think my plans are good?" Liam asks as he looks around at all of you.
"I think it's a great plan," you back him up. "Besides, we have no other plan. Liam thought out side the box, which is what we all need to be doing. So far, none of us have, and we're losing the game."
"Game?" Liam remembers. "Scott!"
"What?" Scott answers.
"I need to speak with you," Liam tells him and pulls him aside whilst you, Derek and Isaac try to talk some sense into Lydia.
"Uh, I need to um..."
"Liam are you alright?" Scott asks him.
"I-I'm fine I just, I forgot to tell you something... something that Allison told me to tell you," he replies.
Scott's face loses its tension once Liam mentions her name. "What was it?"
"She told me to tell you," Liam begins as he leans in closer to Scott and whispers, "Game on."

"Just think about it Lydia," you tell her. "Stiles' life is on the lines here, anything we can think of should be done."
"You're right," she says and closes her eyes, letting out a soft exhale of distress.

"What does she mean, game on?" Scott asks Liam confusingly.
"I'm not sure," he answers. "But I'm pretty positive that it's not a good thing."
"What isn't a good thing?" Derek asks from over by you, hearing the last bit of what Liam just said.
"Uh... Derek. Could you, you know," Scott says awkwardly as he gestures his hand, telling Derek to come over.

Derek makes his way over to Scott and Liam, and his face drops as Liam tells him what Allison had told him to tell you all.

"What?" Scott asks, noticing Derek's facial expressions. "You look like you know something."
"Allison's Aunt, Kate, used to play around like that," Derek answers.
"Play around?" Liam intriguingly asks.
"What does that mean?" Scott too, intriguingly asks.
"This is a game she wants to play," Derek notifies them. "I don't know how Allison plays it, but Kate used to blackmail, manipulate, deviously influence, make you pull the wrong ends of the strings, and much more within the game."
"Damn..." Liam says under his breath in shock.
"Like (Y/N) just said, we're losing the game. Not only with the possessing Banshee, by with Allison too, already," Derek induces.

Scott nods in agreement, and looks back over to you, Isaac and Lydia, noticing the three of you staring at him, waiting for him to explain. He lets out a sigh of frustration and begins walking over to you.

"Allison," he says, catching Lydia's attention.
"What about Allison?" Lydia asks, gulping down her emotions.
"She's alive," Scott informs you all. "And ready."
"Alive?!" Lydia yells. "No, this can't be happening."
"It is Lydia," Scott corrects her as Liam and Derek approach the four of you.

'Ready?' - you think.

"How is that even possible?" She asks, tears fulfilling her eyes and her voice getting weak.
"I have no idea," Scott answers. "But we're going to find out."

Sorry it's not as long as a Chapter like my usuals, but hope you enjoyed!