Chapter 23 - Never trust:

"Void?" You hear Liam ask as he doesn't know what that means. He wasn't in Beacon Hills the last time this happened.

Scott places his hand gently on Liam's shoulder, turning him around so he no longer faces you as he notices the emotional state you're about to fall into.
Your vision has become blurry. Your hearing has become echoed, but even so you still manage to hear Scott tell Liam that he will explain everything later.

'Is this all due to my stress?' - you think to yourself.

It feels as though your whole world is falling apart. All of these events that have and are, taking place, are already laughing at your misery.
Lydia looks to her side, to see you still sat on the ground, leaning your back against the car in distress.

"Hey..." she says softly as she scoots over closer to you, trying to make you feel a little more comfortable. "It's going to be alright."
"Is it?" You ask bitterly, looking directly at her.

Lydia sits back a little, startled to your small burst of rage that has slipped out and been aimed at her. You notice and feel her surprised aura, and sigh to yourself with a clear hint of frustration.

"Look," you begin to say. "I'm sorry. But lying to me, and lying to yourself by saying, 'it's going to be alright,' when both you and I know it isn't going to be alright, isn't going to help. To be quite honest, it'll probably make things worse by building up hope that'll just be put down again."
"(Y/N)," Derek stops you quickly before you say anything else, as he hears the anger rising within your voice.

You glance up to him for an answer, without any expression on your face. He gestures his head for you to follow him, and turns around as he walks off. You - confused - do as he wants, and stands up to follow him. Once you approach him, Derek turns around quite sharply, unimpressed.

"What?" You ask, noticing his body language, expression and vibe.
"Don't give me that innocent tone," he tells you. "What you said to Lydia, and how you were saying it, was appalling."
"Appalling?" You ask, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not sure if you've noticed Derek, but appalling doesn't seem to be the right description that fits all the events that has been happening tonight. Strikingly upsetting and the feeling of distraught is what emotion everybody should be feeling. Not disappointment. We haven't got time for that."
"And yet you still have time to aim shit at Lydia?" He fires back, folding his arms.
"You know," you say. "I haven't got time for whatever this is either."

As you're about the walk off, Derek grabs you by your forearm. You turn your head aggressively - giving an intimidating glare at Derek - as your Controller powers start to emerge through your human form. Derek - who still has hold of your forearm - starts to feel your aura and physically starts to feel a burning sensation through the palm of his hand. He quickly removes his hand from his grip, and squeals a little in pain. To this, a smirk starts to spread across your face as you know that what you wanted your powers to do (which was to burn Derek's hand so he'll let go), happened, and Isaac notices the evil starting to show within you.

"Scott," he calls out to explicate his conclusion.

Scott - who is in the middle of explaining Stiles' void period to Liam - turns around as an answer to Isaac.
You also look towards Isaac, already knowing he's about to say something involving you. Isaac glances at you before even opening his mouth to say anything. He realises you're watching him; he pauses, giving you a weak, innocent smile.

"What is it?" Scott still waits for Isaac to start with what he was about to say.
"I uh..." Isaac is stuck for words. "I'll tell you later. I don't think right now would be a great time."
"You sure?" Scott asks.
"Yeah," Isaac replies. "It can wait."