Chapter 6 - A Gift or a Curse?

You flinch to Stiles' sharp movements and hurl yourself back, letting go of his body and making it harder for Derek to hold him up steady. Derek groans and you can tell he's wanting to complain.
Stiles let's his head fall to the side effortlessly, and uses his last bit of energy to look up at Derek.

"Stiles?" Derek asks, not knowing whether or not his recommendation is correct. "Is that you?"

You all wait for an answer, but none of you get one. Stiles remains silent; not even his body language gave any of you enough evidence that he answered.
You look towards Scott, who looks back at you and then you both look towards Derek - who continues to hold Stiles' body up.

"So is it him?" Scott asks.
"How am I supposed to know?" Derek asks with an annoyed tone. "You both just seen how he reacted to my question. He barely reacted at all, which gives us nothing to go on."

Scott sighs and sits himself down in Stiles' computer chair.

"What are we supposed to do?" He asks as he leans back in the chair.
"How about find somewhere to put this fool," Derek jokingly suggests and drags Stiles over to the other side of his room, flopping his almost spiritless body on his bed.

You watch the way his body falls, making it seem as though Stiles is already dead and your chest begins to feel like it's been stabbed through. You choke a little on the pain - tears fulfilling your eyes - and place your palm on the "wounded" area.

"Hey (Y/N), are you alright?" Scott notices.

You don't answer as everything seems blank. You can't hear Scott, you can't hear anything but the sound of Stiles' heartbeat getting slower and slower. You shake your head slowly as your face tenses whilst tears roll down your cheeks.

"(Y/N)," Scott says, trying to get your attention.

You still don't hear him. You're lost in your own thoughts.

"Derek," Scott says and Derek looks towards you both.

His face drops once he sees the state you're in. You're crying. Tears are beginning to act like waterfalls. Your heart can be heard piercingly by Scott and Derek as it thumps hard and fast, so hard and fast that it feels like to you, that it's just going to leap from your chest any minute.

"(Y/N)," Derek says.
"What's wrong with her?" Scott asks with a concerned tone and facial expression.
"I think she's having some sort of panic attack," Derek replies to Scott, sharing his idea.

You don't hear their conversation. You don't even hear Stiles' heart beating anymore.

'Is he dead?'

"He should be. He's going to be. He will be." You hear the Voices whisper. "He should be. He's going to be. He will be."
"A-are you talking to me?" You ask quietly and both Scott and Derek hear you.
"Indeed we are. He should be dead. He's going to be dead. He will be dead." They answer you and repeat their words.
"How did you, h-how did you hear my thought?" You ask, again quietly.
"Is she talking to herself?" Scott asks.
"I think so," Derek answers.
"How did you hear my thought?" You repeat your question but louder this time.
"No," Derek re-thinks. "I think she's talking to someone."
"But, there's no one else here," Scott says, confused.
"Not to us," Derek says.

You stand, your legs feeling like jelly as you shout to the Voices. "How did you know?!"
"Hey (Y/N)!" Scott yells, trying to get your attention again. 
"We knew." They finally answer you.
"You knew?" You repeat their answer but as a question. "How?"
"How?" They duplicate your question.
"Yes, how?" You ask again.
"How?" They again, duplicate your question.
"How?!" You scream at them and then... your face begins to relax slowly, your legs begin to bend, your body begins to fall.
"(Y/N)?" Both Scott and Derek say, trying to reassure that you're alright, but you're not.