Chapter 2

Annie's POV

That afternoon I took a long, warm bubble bath to soothe my nerves. It really helps me think after having a long day training. As I relax in the warm relaxing tub, I close my eyes.

Annie..

I open my eyes. I almost fell asleep without meaning to. I pinch the bridge of my nose. Right... I promised Armin that I'd go to his dorm room this afternoon... I stand up and grab my towel from the rail.

I look at the inside of my drawer. What kind of bra and panties am I going to wear? I wonder... Realizing what I just thought, I blush instantly. What am I thinking?! There's just no way I could like... I think about his gentle face, always giving me a heart-warming smile. I shake my head and place both of my hands on my cheeks. "Don't you dare blush," I say to myself "You know it could never happen."

A couple minutes later I look in my closet. And I know just what to wear.

Armin's POV

I'm waiting for Annie to arrive. I smile to myself as I replay the reactions I recieved from Reiner and Bertholdt in my head.

~Flashback~

Bertholdt's eyes widen. Reiner practically shot out of bed. "You actually got Annie to come over here?!" I nod. "And you made sure she knew it was just the two of you?" Bertholdt asks. "Duhh" I say while giving them a goofy grin. Reiner gets up and walks toward me. He pats me on my back roughly. "I'm impressed Arlert! I always knew you was the brain of the group, but the lover as well? Wait till everyone hears about this!" I quickly grab him by the collar, which catches him in surprise. "It's nothing like that, really! If you tell people that this was something more than what it really is, Annie will kill me for sure!" "Woah, woah, woah, slow down, kid. I won't tell anyone, okay? Just calm down.." I look at my hands gripping his collar. I release him. "I'm sorry..it's just, I liked her for a long time now and I didn't want to ruin this..." Bertholdt laughed. "It's okay, Armin. Everyone is like that when they're in love." I nod. Reiner smirks. "Are you ever going to tell Eren? I'm pretty sure you'll get a good reaction out of him." He snickers. "Eren is supposed to come here later on tonight. So you won't have to worry, Armin." I laugh. "Yeah..I forgot to mention that I need the dorm room to myself for tonight."

~End of Flashback~

I laugh to myself. Is it pathetic to be in love with someone that seems so far away? I shake my head. "Don't think about that. This time it's going to be different." And just then, someone knocked on the door.