Chapter 19

Eren's POV

Tomorrow was the day of the Expedition.

And somehow, I didn't understand on how I should feel.

After I was informed of the plan that the Survey Corps had set up, I was sent to my room that Corporal Levi had gave me for temporary measures.

Maybe if I gained his full trust then I'd get a bigger room.

Either way, it was this or that cold, dark dungeon. No one wants to spend the night freezing to death while they're cuffed in chains.

But anyhow, as I was in the room, I couldn't help but think how my friends were doing.

Everything happened so fast now that I didn't get a chance to contact them. Especially since I was legally handed over to the Survey Corps for my titan ability.

I immediately touched my cheek where it had been sore.

Corporal Levi sure knew how to beat the living hell out of someone when he was angry.

I shivered at the thought.

I didn't want to be reminded on that day where I was in the court room...

Where I felt as if I had intended to decieve everyone that I wasn't human.

I knew I was.

I just can't recall how I had taken the toll of this town.

"Aye, kid."

I easily felt my shoulders tense up when I heard that particular voice.

I shut my eyes for a moment, and opened them only to turn around hastily and giving a salute.

"Sir!"

He glares at me.

"Cut that out, brat. I'm not here to command you. At least, not yet" he says, while he slowly looks around.

I slowly put my hand down, looking at him confusingly.

He looks at me again.

"Don't give me that look. I came here to remind you that you need to rest. You know what's going to happen tomorrow."

I nod.

"Good. Then my job here is done."

He turns around and starts to leave. But before he can start to walk away, I mumble a "Thank You" that somehow caught his attention.

He stops abruptly.

"Don't thank me yet, Yeager. You and I are unaware of what the outcome of tomorrow's Expedition will come out as. So live this night to your fullest potential...and have no regrets to what will rise in the morning."

Before I can respond, he leaves, disappearing into the dark hall.

I'm not afraid to say that he left me speechless. As I began to strip from my uniform into my night clothing, I thought about what was to come for tomorrow's events.

I laid down in bed, pondering my own thoughts.

What was yet to come from tomorrow's Expedition?

Is there something lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on me?

Or is there something awaiting my presence?

I drifted off, bringing my worst nightmares with me.