Chapter 9

Annie's POV

45 Minutes Ago•

After training with Reiner, I watch him as he leaves the field and enters the dormitory. When he's no longer in plain sight, I sigh.

I turn around and start to walk- until I bump into someone. At first, all I see is his chest, but when I look up, I see Bertholdt's face looking down at me. He's drained with sweat from training. When I look at his dark brown eyes, I see that they're filled with concern.

What does he possibly want?

As I was about to ask, my voice is cut off by Bertholdt quickly leaning down and smashing his lips against mine. My eyes widen as I was taken aback by Bertholdt's sudden move. A couple seconds go by as I realize what just happened.

Bertholdt kissed me.

I quickly place my hands on his chest and push him away.

"What in the hell do you think you're doing?!" I yell out.

He takes one look at me before quickly avoiding eye contact. He mumbles to himself and scratches at the back of his head. I cross my arms over my chest. I huff.

"Well?!"

He glances at me before speaking up.

"I..." He swallows, then starts to continue.

"I...I have liked you for a while Annie and...I...I didn't know how to put it to you..." I wince at him.

"So you show it by kissing me?! Who does that??"

Suddenly his facial expression changes.

"That's pretty funny coming out from someone who goes on a date with someone that likes them, and then suddenly sleeps with them."

I feel my face grow hot. I scowl at him.

"Fuck off, Bertholdt!"

I walk passed him and storm off. I could of sworn I heard him whisper:

"If I can't have you, then no one will."

Bertholdt's POV

•The Present•

I train for another half an hour before walking to the dormitory. The events that had occured 15 minutes ago, replay itself in my mind.

"Fuck off, Bertholdt!"

Those words echo in my head as I start to walk faster.

"That's pretty funny coming out from someone who goes on a date with someone..."

"...and then suddenly sleeps with them."

I ball up my fists in anger. I didn't mean to snap at Annie that way..I didn't know what happened to me. I just...blacked out..

"If I can't have you, then no one will."

I sigh in frustration as I stop in front of my dorm room.

You can't take what you said, back. Deal with it.

As I was about to knock on the door, I hear Reiner speaking to someone.

Who is he talking to...?

Without meaning to, I find myself pressing my ear against the door. Silence.

What am I doing? I shouldn't eavesdrop.

And just as I was about to lift my head away from the door, I hear Reiner's voice again. I only hear a few words of what he says.

"Female Titan...no.Joke....messing with something....wouldn't hesitate to kill you...soon....know who she is."

I lift my head away from the door and knock.

What is Reiner up to?