Chapter 14

Annie's POV

I flutter my eyes open to see a plain white ceiling. As my eyes adjust, I look around the room, trying to make out where I was.

I was laying in a small bed in a small, plain white room that appeared to be where they kept a patient, or rather, someone who was feeling ill. To my left were dark blue curtains that were parted from left to right to let the light come in, revealing that it was the morning. I blinked a couple of times before realizing that I had something a little wet and damp on my forehead.

I slowly placed my hand on my forehead and took out what appeared to be a wet rag. I placed the rag to my left where the bedside table was and rested my arm on my forehead.

How did I...get here...?

Suddenly the memories that had occured before I got here came to view.

I remembered that one of the survey corps' soldier had called me by my name. Then I started to have a flashbacks about...about...

him.

I shuddered at the thought, and before I can continue on thinking about it, I heard someone open the door to my room and close it behind them. Too exhausted to look who it was, I continued on having my arm rested on my forehead, covering my eyes.

"Hello...Annie. Am I saying that correctly?" A feminine voice asked.

I rolled my eyes and slightly mumbled a 'mhm'. She nodded to herself and cleared her throat.

"My name is Petra Ral, and I am apart of Commander Levi's squad, also known as the Special Operations Squad."

This caught my attention, so I finally looked up at her. She was a few inches taller than me, with light ginger hair and amber-coloured eyes.

And that's when I finally noticed it.

The Wings of Freedom.

Suddenly, anger boiled up inside of me. I felt as if I were on fire. I lifted myself up in a seating position, my cheeks filled with heat.

"Can't you guys see that you're the reason why I am the way that I am?! The reason why I'm laying on this damn bed, and why I-!"

I started to choke on my words, so I stopped, quick to cover my mouth before my voice cracked, before I even allowed them to think I was weak, to hear what I almost said that could of prevented what I was going to do to...them, in the future. I looked up to see Petra wide eyed, clearly surprised that I had snapped out on her the way that I did. After a few moments, she bowed apologetically, closing her eyes during the process.

"Please forgive me, Annie, for I had not come to make you feel discomfort. It was unnecessary to come into your room and introduce you the way that I did, for I wasn't ordered to do so."

I looked at her confusingly, as she stood bent forward, still in a bowing postition.

"But, I have been ordered to ask you this."

She stood up, her amber eyes seeming to burn into my soul, causing a few chills to course through my body. I couldn't believe how her gentle tone and her sweet-like apparence changed in only a matter of seconds. As she glared hard at me with stone cold eyes, she asked me one question that could've stripped anyone's flesh right off their body.

"Did you have anything to do with Marco Bott's death?"