Chapter 8

Armin's POV

"What do you think...about the Female Titan?"

The question took me by surprise. The Female Titan..?
I look at him confusingly.

"What is..the Female Titan?"

Reiner blinks at me. He slowly turns his head around. His attention is toward the door. He slowly walks up to the door and opens it. I watch him as he looks left and right down the hall.

What is he doing?

When the coast seemed to be clear, Reiner closed the door softly. "Reiner, what's going on-?!" My voice is quickly muffled by Reiner's hand. Just as I was about to speak again, he holds a finger to his lips. A few seconds went by in silence. Reiner slowly took his hand away from my mouth. I looked at Reiner's figure. Why does he seem so...tense?

"Armin."

Startled, I look back up to his face. His golden eyes hold a seriousness I had never seen before. He firmly rests his hands on my shoulders. "You really want to know about the Female Titan?" I nod, hesitantly. "The Female Titan is no. Joke. You're messing with something that wouldn't even hesitate to kill you. Armin...soon, you'll know who she is." I feel my chest tighten abruptly. "How...how will I know who the Female Titan is...? This is the first time I ever heard of...'her'...and...I don't even know how it looks like."

Wait.

Did Reiner just refer the Female Titan as a 'her'?

"Reiner.." He looks at me grimly. "Why did you...refer it...as a her...the Female Titan, I mean?" His eyes turn into a different emotion. Is it...sadness? He interrupts my thoughts as he shudders.

"You really don't know...do you?"

"What do you mean?" I ask, feeling goosebumps appear on my skin.

"You have-"

Suddenly, there's a knock on the door.

Who could it be?