Chapter 7

Annie's POV

I watch them as I see a look of confusion spread across Armin's face. What did Mikasa tell him...?
He quickly nods as Armin askes to be excused. Our head instructor gives him a look before giving him the okay. Armin turns around and walks away with Eren and Mikasa.
Maybe I should go follow them...

My thoughts go blank as soon as I see Reiner getting up, dusting himself off. He looks up at me, with one eyebrow raised. "You sure know how to pull off a kick, Annie." I shrug. "Anytime."

I start to walk away before I feel Reiner's hand grab my wrist. "Annie...is something wrong?" He askes, with a look of concern. "Why do you ask?" I can tell he was taken off guard, because a slight blush instantly starts growing on his face. "I-I just wanted to know if you were alright. I mean, you frown almost all the time, and...women should smile all the time, you know?" I wince at him. "I think you're forgetting that we're in a world full of man eating titans." His shoulders tense up. After a few moments, his shoulders sagged. "Yeah...but, if you ever need anything..you can count on me." I scrunch up my nose. "Tch. Whatever." I start to walk away again, leaving Reiner speechless.

And then an idea came to me.

I feel a smile forming on my lips. I turn around again to see Reiner start to walk away.

"Hey, Reiner!"

He stops walking and turns his head towards me. I walk up to him and lean in his ear.

"There is something you can do for me..."

Reiner's POV

After she stops talking, I nod. "Got it." We both start to part ways, until the head instructor calls out our names. Me and Annie share a look before saluting.

He walks up to us, with a clipboard in his hands. "Since you two seem to be getting along well, you two will be assigned to train hand to hand combat together for today. Any objections?" He ends the sentence with a scowl.

I take a quick glance at Annie before saying 'Yes, Sir!'" He writes something down on his clipboard before walking away. I sigh as I turn towards Annie. "I guess you're going to have to do that little technique you got going on there, yes?" Annie gives me a small smile, then takes her position.

"No hard feelings."

I nod.

Then we begin.

*****
After a long day in training, I start to head for my dorm room. I unlock the door with my key to see Armin sitting at his bed, reading a book. He adjusts his reading glasses and, without looking up at me, says "Good afternoon, Reiner."

"Good afternoon" I mumble. I look around the room. "Where's Bertholdt?" "He didn't come back from training yet." I look at him.

This is perfect.

I came back from training first!

Wait...what?

Wasn't I supposed to-

Oh, yeah.

About that..

I poke Armin in the arm. "We need to talk." He holds up a finger before turning the page he was on and putting his book mark in. He closes his book and looks up at me. "Yes, Reiner?" He says, sounding slightly annoyed.

I grin.

"What do you think...about the Female Titan?"