Chapter 14:

Zain in MM.

*********

Tara

"Hey Auntie." Shae said running up to me hugging me as I came into her grandma, Ms. Shannon's house.

"Hey mamas." I said back.

"Who brought you here? Shaun?" Nya asks.

"Yeah." I said.

Shaun picked me and Zain up from the store since he was already close by and Dez was at work. I had to get my car towed since it wouldn't start.

"I'ma punch him in the face I texted his ugly ass. Did he take the boys to get their haircuts yet?"

"He's going right now."

"My daddy's not ugly." Shae said wrapping her arms around her mom's waist.

"Girl, bye." Nya laughed.

"What my two favorite ladies doing?" I ask my mom and Ms. Shannon as I walked into the kitchen.

"Cooking. Yall should be helping." My mom answered.

"Yall look like yall got it." I said about to open a pot, but Ms. Shannon slapped my hand away. "Hey."

"Hey, nothing. Stay out my damn pots girl." She said pointing her wooden spoon at me.

I smiled. "Remember you use to always threaten me and Dez with ya wooden spoon when we would continuously come into the kitchen trying to eat while you were still cooking."

"And yall both still do it to this day." She said shaking her head.

"What's going on with you and my son-in-law anyways?" My mom asks.

"Nothing." I said simply walking out the kitchen going into the living room where Nya and Shae were laid out on the couch.

"Lil sis let's talk." Nya said making me give her a look.

"What?" I ask eyeing her as I sat down.

"Shae wanna go in the kitchen with grandma?" Nya asks her.

She groaned rolling her eyes. "Grown people talk again?" She asks.

"Do you wanna get popped again?" Nya asks her back making her get up and walk out of the room.

"That's Shaun's bad ass child. She always wanna show her ass when he's not here." She said. "Smart ass mouth. Keep thinking I won't pop you in it!"

"Nya don't start your shit with my baby!" Ms. Shannon called from the kitchen.

"Well she better get that mouth and eye rolling shit under control before she get her first ass whooping!" Nya called back. "Them lil bad ass kids she be around."

"Anyways. So how are things?" She asks placing her chin on her fist staring at me making me laugh.

"What Nya?" I ask.

"Just wanna know how things are with my sis and bro. Just wanna know if a baby is in there." She says lifting my shirt.

"Bitch what?" I laughed. "No. I would need to be having sex and off birth control for that to happen."

"Mm. So you and Dez ain't still having sex? Because you got a glow. So either you're pregnant or you just recently had sex." She said making me blush.

"See, I knew it!" She exclaimed.

"I didn't have sex." I laughed. "Well, a month ago we had a slip up, but yeah."