Chapter 26:

Tara

"Tara," Dez groaned as I kissed his lips over and over.

He was finally awake, but they are about to give him more medication so I know he'd be back out soon.

"Sorry," I mumbled stopping.

"Why you crying? I'm fine."

"I still was worried sick tho." I said rubbing my stomach.

"Where's Sonny? Where's Shaun?" He asks looking around.

"Zain is with Rock and Kelsie."

"Shaun?" He asks.

I looked at Nya, then back at Dez. "He was arrested."

"But will be out tomorrow morning." Nya added.

"We'll go into more details tomorrow." I said before he could question. "You need to be resting right now tho."

I gasped squeezing Dez's hand really tightly as a contraction hit without meaning to.

"What's wrong with you?" Dez asks looking towards me.

"Nothing." I say playing it off letting his hand go.

"Tara," Dez said about to try to move to get a good look at me.

"Stop you're gonna hurt yourself more than you already are." I said placing my hands softly on his chest so he couldn't move. "I'm fine."

He looked at me a little longer then laid his head back down closing his eyes.

"So I was told there is somebody in labor in here." A nurse said walking into the room with a wheelchair.

"Who?" I ask looking around.

"Tara." Nya said giving me a look.

"Get the fuck up and go have my baby girl Tara." Dez mumbled from where he laid with his eyes closed.

"I can't." I said shaking my head, "Not without you, Dez."

"He's here tho Tara. He just won't be in the room with you, but he's here." Nya said.

"But-"

"Your baby's health should come first baby." The older nurse lady said with a small sweet smile. "He's not going anywhere. He's gonna be right here receiving constant updates on you and your baby girl."

"Dez," I whispered holding on to his hand.

He squeezed my hand, "I promise, I'm fine. Go."

"I can't." I said softly squeezing Dez's hand bending down kissing his lips again.

"Tara, I love you, I do, but if you don't get your ass up, on them monitors, and have Hailee, we gonna have a fuckin problem." Nya snapped.

"Stop crying babe, I'm fine." He whispered wiping my tears that continued to fall.

"Go have my lilmamaClark." He said with with slight smile before falling back to asleep.

"Can you go get my mom and Ms. Shannon?" I ask quietly. "I want them in the room with me since Dez can't be there."

After 5 hours of labor Hailee was now here. She was born a few weeks before her due date, but she is perfectly healthy.

"Awh, all the Clark babies come out looking alike." Nya said looking at Hailee as I changed her diaper.

"Right." I said smiling looking down at my baby girl.