Chapter 22:

Tara

"Dezmin, I have really bad heartburn!" I cried over the phone.

"Let me guess, you ate them leftover hot wings for breakfast when I told your ass not to?" He asks.

"But it was soooooo good."

"Did you try drinking some milk?"

"No it's disgusting."

"Shatara."

"I'm trying Dez."

He sighed, "You being a big ass baby just like you was last night. You want me to come home?"

"No, I'll be okay."

"Then why you crying? I hate when you call me like that, scares the shit outta me."

"Because it hurts."

"You ain't getting no more hot food. I don't care how much you crave and whine for it."

"Fine." I pouted curling up on to the couch.

"I'ma come home."

"No, you don't have to."

"Tara."

"Hmmm?"

"You sure you good?"

"I think so."

"I'ma call and check on you in thirty minutes after this meeting, okay big ass baby?"

"Okay, love you."

"I love you too babe."

I sighed getting up to get me some milk and a bottle of water.

"Hailee you got mommy's hormones all over the place with this crying," I said rubbing my stomach. "All I want it spicy food, but all I get is heartburn in return."

*

"What the hell is this Lex?" I ask pointing to the car where her dude, Ashton, was parking.

"What?" She asks.

"I told you to come over so we can talk, you, not him." I said.

It's been a couple weeks since I told Lex I'd talk to Dez about if he wanted to get together with them. I didn't because it was honestly gonna be no use, but I did tell Lex to come over because I wanted to talk.

"He's just bringing me. He's gonna wait outside."

"Um, no he can go and you can call him when you are ready to go. What, you plan on staying for five minutes?" I ask.

"No, but not long."

I look towards the door as the screen door opens and in walks Ashton.

"What's up Tara?" He says with a grin.

"Lex ya nigga just walked inside of my damn house." I said to her. "I thought he was gonna wait in the car."

"Well damn," He said still grinning. "Can I at least use ya bathroom."

"It's right there." Lex said showing him.

"What the hell Lex this ain't your house." I said looking at her like she was crazy as he walked away to the bathroom.

"Damn Tara why you acting funny?" Lex asks throwing me off.

"No, why are you acting funny? I called you over here to talk, you. For a reason. My man, Dez, doesn't want your nigga around yet you bring him to our home."