Chapter 28

-Jack-

I felt like my heart dropped as she jumped.

I whipped my head at the man in red as he slowly pulled his hood down.

You could hear our group gasp.

She was right.

Sam. The man who judged our art works only what felt like earlier this morning.

He glanced at me only making eye contact for a second.

He looked confused. Honestly I was fucking confused. How did I fit into all of this?

I watched the man in anger because I know if I could get my hands on him I would kill him. How could he hurt her like that?

I would make him pay and I would take his head for what he had done.

I looked at the others and they looked scared to death well all but Tim he was glaring at me.

Out of everything going on this fucker was glaring at me.

A roar came from the crack in the ground and we jerked to look at it. Something was coming and to tell you the truth we were scared to death of it.

Sam's horse started to buck as he yelled at the cards.

"GET READY!IF IT'S A WAR SHE WANTS IT'S A WAR SHE WILL GET! BRING ME THAT LOOKING GLASS."

The rumbling stopped and the chess pieces let me go pushing a sword at me.

They wanted me to fight?

They did the same with the others and we all watched in silence at the crack in the ground.

A hand found its way onto my shoulder. I look to my left to see the mad man himself.

He smirked.

"Why is a Raven like a writing desk?"

Before I could respond a loud bang came from the ground.

It was a claw pulling its way to the top. We all watched in horror as the monster climbed out of the hole and it closed up behind it. I was a thing of night mares. Black and scaly with blood red eyes. It looked like a dragon but I knew better.

My heart began to race as I saw what was on its back.

My AnnaBee.

"That's imposable!"

Sam yelled.

I watched as AnnaBee pulled her hat down over her eyes and smirked.

"My dear it isn't or maybe it is. The Jabberwocky. An old yes new friend of mine and my dear he doesn't like you. Your time is up. You have extended your stay. Get out but not the way you came."

The man in red began to seem happy as if she had told a joke.

"You don't understand even half of it but how could you? You're crazy."

I couldn't help but let out a laugh because I knew what was coming next.

"HOW DARE YOU CALL ME CRAZY FOR NO YES OH YES IM MAD IF ANYTHING!"

She took a deep breath and jumped from the back of the monster putting fear in everyone around her.

"You have no more moves. The game is over. The cards cant play with out a Jack the prince of the red queen and the black knight."

My eyes widened as I looked across the filed at the Queen and King who were looking right at me with sadness in their eyes. Something the DoDo said kept running threw my head. "There is another."

I was me?

So they were my birth parents.

The man in red laughing brought me out of my thoughts.

"My dear sweet Anna. You don't understand. But let me explain it to you in words even you can understand. This isn't our first world we have concurred they always fight back. We have people in every world waiting and ready to take the looking glasses from them. Because once we have them all we will create a Kingdom of the shadows. A world that will rule all the others. Of course some have to die here and there but everything comes to a end."

He stopped and waved his hands up. I pulled my sword out in front of me as I watched the shadows of us all pull from our feet and walk behind him.

I watched everyone around us panic everyone expect AnnaBee she only smirked as the monster picked her up and placed her on his head.

"You know when a hatter starts to become a true hatter. Yes. Maybe. They most pick a feather from a goddesses dress. This feather my dear becomes our destiny. Well I didn't pick from the dress but from the monster guarding it."

She pointed to the feathers on her hat.

Sam laughed as him motioned his army of shadows to start marching at her seeing this I ran to the monster I feared side and the chess and the cards followed.

"That thing can't even fly. What use is it to you?"

She laughed and so did the monster.

"There is a place. You know the one. Yes? The second star to the right?"

Sam's eyes widened and she pulled out a small bag from her pocket.

"Pixie Dust"

With that she dumped the bag on to the monster and it took off into the air.

"Attack!!! Bring me that girl!!!!!!"

Britney ran to the white Queens side out of the field as the cards marched behind me.

I had never killed anything before but as I ran with them into battle with the cards following my guide. I knew if I got the chance I would.

She was protecting this world and I was going to do what I should have done all of our lives.

I was going to protect her, but something felt wrong as if someone behind me was glaring knives into my back.