Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I ran as fast as I could. Jack and the others were close behind me and the Cheshire Cat.

I keep trying fight the pain, but it only made it hurt worse. Still I could only see fog but I felt my body jump, landing on something soft above the ground. I stood still like a blade of grass in the wind as my eyes came back from there loss.

My eyes widened under my rime when I saw what I was standing on.

It was a Large. Dead. Mushroom.

Jack, Tim, Tom and Brittney stood beside me on the ground. I could tell words were for a lose as mine were.

Or were?

I slow turned my uncontentious body to the front facing the cloud of smoke with the Cat happily resting on my shoulders.

We could hear some one talk from behind the wall and I knew who it was.

But I didn't?

With each word came a puff of smoke that was like a ring that circled my body.

“WHO..”

“ARE...”

“YOU?”

I let my rime fall a little more. I thought someone else would have spoke but they knew that was meant for me and only me.

“I would tell you my name, but you see I have no idea what, or who I am. This morning it would have made perfect since but now not at all.”

With a puff the smoke cleared and a large Blue Caterpillar toke its place. With is pipe in one of his many hands.

“No I do not C, Explain your self!”

I folded my arms and stood my ground.

“ I will but you should know I DO NOT LIKE BE TOLD WHAT TO DO! My name is Anna, but people call me AnnaBee. You can call me what ever you like. Or what you don't. I have a pain in my head. A glow in my eye and a Shine in my tail.”

He toke a puff of smoke like he was think about something as he eyed me.

“Recite?”

I smirked everyone I knew says the one about the bumblebee but I puffer the Crocodile.

“How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail. And pour the waters of the Nile, on every golden scale. How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws. And welcomes little fishes in, with gently smiling jaws.”

The four beside me started Laughing about how silly I sounded but with a puff of smoke there way they stopped as we all looked Him.

“I must say if you know that you really are Anna. Tell me if you will what you know about this place and then I will tell you what you need to know, but not what you wont to know?”

I nodded take a glance at the group.

Why was I so different from them but yet so much the same?

“I know in this place nothing it what it seems, but everything is what it is. I know it feels like an old memory. I know to get here it ether finds you or if you had been here before you will know how to find the the door. But this place now is not what it was right? Wrong? Middle? Or half way there?”

He nodded.

“You do remember, but not at all. Take a look...”

He pointed down to a smaller mushroom with a scroll on it. I jumped landing in front of it as the other came around me.