Chapter 24

*Jack*

I didnt like this at all!

All i could think about was Anna Bee. One momment she was there then the next she dieapered like dust in the wind.

The others were put in another holding cell but i was put in here. this cold damp, dark cell alone.

No wonder the others who had traveled here died or became crazy! This place was hell!!!

I lended agenst the cold stone wall letting out a huff.

Anna Bee always knew how to turn something bad into somthing good.

To be honest I hated my self for ignoring her for so long.

For letting life take over the friendship we had.

I used to go see her everyday when I was little. I mean who wouldn't she was so much fun. The things she could come up with in her mind made the world I knew not so bad. My parents well adopted parents weren't all that nice to me. I wasn't until I became a football stare that they really started to support me. And I remember I loved all those hats of hers....

My thoughts stopped

Come to think of it I don't think I have ever seen Ann Bee without a Hat on.

I slammed my head back into the wall. How stupid was I? Honestly what the hell was wrong with me? I have never once saw her eyes.. Maybe they were blue with sparks of happiness or hazel with the look of hope or brown like a sweet puppy.

I let out a groan. I couldn't get her off my mind............... I so badly wanted to see her and take that hat of hers off and look deep into..................

Wait what the hell is wrong with me? This is Ann Bee we are talking about here. There is no way she would ever return what I felt growing. She probably wouldn't even know how. 

I turn and slammed my hand in to the cold wall "Why can't I get you off my mind?"

"Well I am stepping on the ground? Is your mind the ground? or am I in your mind? No?"

I jumped, jerking my head to the dark corner. I thought I was alone but no the was someone else in here. A man but who? and he spoke just like. like.....

my thought where cut off as the speaker walked slowly forward reviling him self.

He was tall and was wearing what look like a long coat, pants and a bowtie? It was very strange. He wore a tall hat with a peacock feather coming out of it along with other stuff. He had crazy orange hair that puffed out from under his hat. His face was as white as snow but it was his eyes that made me stare. They were lime green almost glowing.

He looked at me with a smirk saying "Yes?"

I snapped out and replied "No I was not talking about you nor are you in my head."

He let out a laugh almost spastic. "Who. Are. You?"

I stood up straight holding my hand out "My name is Jack. and who are you?"

He bent down and looked at my hand and stood back up right truing his head to the right looking out the small cell window. I could see his body go serous almost the same way Anna Bee did that time we went to her to ask about wonderland.

He inhaled and spoke. "I am the Hatter but I wish that wasn't my name."

My eyes widened. This was the man they told us about. It was really him. The reason for wonderland.  I stopped went I saw the look on his face. I was filled with per sadness.

I let out the air from my lungs and look out the window as he did. "Why would you wish that?"

He didn't even turn to me but his eye looked as if they wanted to cry but couldn't. "Because of me I had to send my Daughter away. Because of my they hurt my wife. Because of me they are killing wonderland. Because of me she my own daughter will die....................." he looked down.

This did make any sense? who? who? what?

"Who is your Daughter? Your wife? and those people who want to kill your child?"

He turned his head up and locked his glowing eyes with mine.

"WONDERLAND IS DIEIGN BECAUSE I AM IN HERE AND NOT OUT THERE TO TAKE CARE OF IT. MY WIFE ALICE, HE SAID GOT IN THE WAY SO THEY HIRT HER! MY DAUGHTER ANNA BECAUSE I AM HER FATHER SHE WAS BORN WITH A GIFT MUCH POWERFULL THAN MINE AND HE WANTS TO RIP HER GIFT FROM HER AND USE IT AS HIS OWN SO I HAD TO SEND HER TO THE HUMAN PLACE WHERE THEY COULDNT FIND HER!!"

I stood there in shock could he be talking about Anna bee?

His head jerked and he looked as if he went back to normal. "I did not mean to yell. or maybe I did? if I had tea I would offer you some, but I don't do I?"

I waved him off and held his shoulders so he was facing me. "Did your daughter have black hair and would be 16 by now?"

I didn't realize how tight my grip was on the poor man, but it didn't seem to faze him he just kept looking at me as if reading a book or something.

I felt his lose body go serous again under my grasp.

"You came here with her didn't you? With the rest?" I nodded as he went on " I here them talking about It from time to time. I would tell you to protect her but  it seems I don't have to." he stopped and went back lose with that smirk.

"What the hell do you mean you don't have to? what kind of dad are you?"

He fell to the floor laughing "what is it you try? or not try? I see it? Yes? It Is the same look in your glasses that the storm gives the see. Yes? Strong evol?"

Before I could answer the cell door opened and two cards walking in pulling each of us out of the cell down the hall. I did everything I could to fight them but nothing worked. I looked over at the Hatter who wasn't fighting at all. He looked like he was just enjoying the ride.

He must have saw me looking because he turn his head my way.

"Me and your father always new you two would end up together. maybe? no? hummmm evol is such  normal thing."

I just stayed silent  the rest of the way we were dragged as questions filled my head.

He knew my Father? He was Anna Bees Father?  What was evol? but out of all of them the biggest one wasn't a question at all more of a promos.

I would not let anything happen to Anna Bee and if I had to I would kill the man who was trying to hurt her. I didn't care if she felt the same or not. I was tired of fight and trying to hide it sense we got here. I wont lose her like I lost our friendship.......