Chapter 21: Lachlan, part 1

o.k ppl chapter 21 is finally up hurray......i hope u guys love it.........lots of research and many edits went into it, though i would have liked to edit it even more but the deadline is fast approaching and i want to get as much up as i can by the 30 of may......so excuse me if u find a few more mistakes then usual, they will be dealt with if u guys point them out.........As always plz vote and comment if u like it, i need lots of feedback to make this awesome.

Chapter 21:

Lachlan:

It was dark when they finally made it to their destination, the village of Lachlan.

By this point Sarah was so tired that she didn’t really have the strength to appreciate the views around her. The village itself was cloaked in darkness and there wasn’t much to see any way in the hazy moonlight. Sarah could barely make out the few houses either side of her as they continued up the gently sloping track.

Finally they stopped and Sarah had to hold in a sigh of relief, she was tired but she sure as hell wouldn’t be letting Iain know about that. She had her pride after all. Sure by now it was lying splintered all around her feet but it was still there.

“Is this it?”

Sarah couldn’t help asking, though she didn’t really expect the man to answer. They hadn’t so much as spoken a single word to one another after that little discussion they had had a few hours ago.

“Aye, Sarah,” he replied, “This is it.”

And thank God for that! Sarah thought to herself.

She peered in to the shadows to see where they were exactly but all she could make out was a dark, detached building a little distance ahead. Iain suddenly brought the horse to a halt by pulling sharply on the reigns and swooped down onto the ground in a single lithe motion. After which he gingerly walked off ignoring her completely.  

Sarah had to grit her teeth angrily. How she wanted to club him over the head, he hadn’t even helped her down before leaving.

It wasn’t fair, she thought angrily, as he strode towards his men. Here she was, exhausted and bedraggled, with a pair of legs that felt like lead poles, numb and heavy. Feet that she doubted very much would be able to carry her at this moment, while he looked as fresh as a bloody daisy.

It really wasn’t fair.

Finally after a few words with his men, Iain turned towards his own horse and walked back.

“Come on Sarah,” he grunted impatiently, “Git down already. We dinnae have all night.”

Why the arrogant, egotistical SOB. Sarah had to grit her teeth and clench her fists to stop them from punching him in the nose. Steady girl! She told herself, she had decided only a few hours ago to go along with his damn orders for the time being. For now it was best to act all pleasant and demure, she could show her true colors later. She just needed to have the right opportunity to hit him where it hurt, and right now was definitely not the right opportunity.

“Off course Iain,” Sarah said sweetly, “What in heavens name was I thinking; it was just so comfortable on your horse that I wanted to sleep on his bloody back.”

Great so much for her plans for a stealthy attack Sarah thought disgusted. Her tongue unfortunately had a mind of its own.   

Iain smiled, making her hackles rise. Thank god it was too dark for her to see his face very clearly, otherwise she might have had a wrestling match with him right there and then.