Chapter 32: Reunion, part 1

O.k here it is, it has been long but u guys need to understand the olympics are going on in london right now and there is far too much to see and do right now to focus on writing.....hence this next one is a little short, but i have number 33 written as well, it just needs a little bit more work, i havent got it just right yet....hopefully this chapter will hold your interest for a few more days untill i can post chapter 33......i was planning to post both of them as one chapter but i changed my mind....

i am only posting this chapter because so many ppl have been hounding me about updating, i swear sometimes the pressure gets a little too much, you guys have to remember i am not a professional writer, i cant churn them out at will, it takes a lot of concentration and trial and error, so plz bear with me....

I hope you guys like it, i really enjoyed writing this one, i cracked up several times as i hope you will too, as always i am eager for your feedback, thankoyu for reading and for the overwhelming support, it truly means a lot:-)

Chapter 32:

Reunion, part 1:

"Ye can do it Lady Sarah!" Mary Catherine yelled at the very top of her not so very little voice.

"Just a wee bit more," Mary Alice encouraged, joining her sister in her exuberant cheering.

"Dae nae look down," Mary Murphy added sagely, ever the voice of reason.

"She'll fall," came an arrogant and wholly unwelcome prediction from the triplet's one true nemesis.

Derrick the focus of the triplet's ire stood off to one side next to his henchmen Artair and Brian, with his hands fisted on his narrow hips, squinting up against the bright sunlight. Alas what he saw wasn't making him very happy. Nor was he feeling anywhere near as confident as he was letting on; in fact he was beginning to get a tad bit worried.

'Twas looking more and more like Lady Sarah was actually going to make it to the top. Something even he hadn't accomplished yet, though not for want of trying, but he knew from painful experience that climbing big Donnan was no easy feat, 'Twas why he had suggested the wager in the first place.

"Nay she will not!" Mary Catherine turned on him pugnaciously, "You just wait and see you dirty weesal,"

Derrick glared back at the annoying little termagant. He didn't understand what weesal meant but he decided to ignore the insult. The terrible threesome usually came up with strange words; they were too ignorant to know better he thought superiorly, not deigning to react when another one of the pests poked out her tongue at him.

"Girls" he scoffed under his breath.

How he wished he could swat the loathsome toad but papa had told him hitting girls was beneath him. He should be kind and caring with girls, aye that is what mama had drummed into his head. Unfortunately neither of them knew what he was up against, for these three were not the "sweet little lasses" everyone in the village thought them. Nay, they were curly haired she-devils sent on earth for the sole purpose of making his life miserable.

They buzzed around him like persistent midges; the more he tried to rid himself of them the more determined they became in the pursuit, and the more trouble he got into as a result.

Just last week one of the Mary's had gotten him caught trying to sneak a horse out of the stables for a little ride. She had blurted out what he was planning to his father, and the tanning he had received as a result was still responsible for his sore rump.