Chapter 24: The Highlands, Part 2

O.k here it is, the next instalment, this is just a continuation of the previous chapter, now she is truly in the highlands, and things are going to heat up in every way......prepare yourselves for oodles of romance, plenty of action, tons of drama, a shed load of bickering, and lots and lots of comedy all tied up with twists and turns that will make your heads spin (Hopefully lol) things are going to get a lot more crazy I am afraid, so leave your thinking hats at home (Nah just kiddinJ)......

Plz continue to support this novel with your COMMENTS and VOTES, I am very grateful for the support thus far, but we need more attention drawn to it, plus i need you guys to tell me what you think, i luv hearing from my readers, so plz don’t be shy about commentingJ......

.if u guys truly love this novel as much as I think u do, then plz help by spreading the word, don’t let it fade into obscurity, like so many other deserving novels here on wattpad.

P.S THIS ONE IS THE PROBABLY THE LONGEST CHAPTER I HAVE WRITTEN SO FAR, I PUT A LOT INTO THIS, SO I AM EXPECTING LOTS OF LONG COMMENTS, TRY TO MAKE IT MORE THAN ONE LINE PLZ, COMEON PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO GIVE ME BACK AT LEAST THAT MUCH HAHAHAHA

Chapter 24:

Iain was wrong; they didn’t like her one bit.

Well o.k. maybe she was exaggerating just a bit here, but not by much. The people standing before her staring at her like a freak on display in a circus show were beginning to make her feel really uncomfortable. Sarah scanned the crowd pensively, trying to act as if their intent stares weren’t bothering her. But they were, she couldn’t help it.

She stood, all alone, in a massive bailey.

Unlike the one in Bromwick, it was not cobbled; it looked more like a front yard if anything, minus the flowers off course, just multiplied by a hundred or so. There was nothing grand about her surroundings at all. The “fortress” as Iain had described it briefly; before they had climbed the crest of that last hill, was a dismal place.

It stood behind her, like a balefully staring giant, a really ugly giant. The whole thing was so.....very.....square. Right now she was just glad she didn’t have to stand there facing the architectural calamity, fortunately she had her back turned to it.

Though that didn’t mean it wasn’t there, looming threateningly in the background, like Freddie Kruger’s chamber of horrors.

The only way she knew it was three stories tall was by the fact that there were three pairs of tiny windows on each floor, with flapping, dull brown cloth hiding the interior from view. Apart from that, the only other homage to normality was a big front door.

But this one looked horrendous; it was big and clunky and had metal spikes protruding off of iron rods reinforcing the dark wood. Not homely at all or very welcoming for that matter. Suddenly a vision of her lovely tower room in the Manor flashed before her eyes and Sarah almost teared up. She had to struggle to dispel that enticing image from her head, it wasn’t easy.  

The final nails in the coffin as far as her future “Home” was concerned, were the wide, uneven stairs leading up to the front door, it was as if the architect had thought in his head after finishing the hideous design, “hmmm now how do I make this whole thing even more unappealing?”