Chapter 2

Setsuna fell asleep in class again the next day. And the day after that. Nobody cared though. She still kept number one in the grade. The girl was especially focused during practice the next few days. With the Nationals getting so close, everyone became nervous and excited.

Soon, the long awaited day arrived. Himura All Girl's Academy Middle School Division Basketball Team stepped into the gymnasium where the National Middle School Basketball League was held. It was packed with both male teams and female teams. The games for male and female were normally held on different days, but there are times where the games would be on the same day. Every school has a match schedule. Himura Team isn't playing after the ceremony, but the girls wore their team uniforms anyway.

After the opening ceremony, the teams participating during that day stayed. Some stayed to watch. Himura team left because that day was scheduled for males, so there was nothing much to see. There was quite a ruckus outside of the gymnasium though. Because the Himura team arrived by taking an expensive shuttle bus, they will be taking the bus back to the school. Many teams from public coed schools looked at the Himura team enviously. A lot of girls from the female teams snickered at the Himura team, calling them rich brats.

None of the girls really cared when people badmouth them; they were used to it. The motto of the Himura girls is "Show them the wrath of the Rich Brats."

The next day, Himura was scheduled for a game. The girls arrived together from the school, by taking the shuttle bus. The coach took them to the gym early in the morning to watch the boys play, because they have a game in the morning while the girls games are in the afternoon. Today, Teiko was playing in the morning. Setsuna was happy to be able to watch her best friend play.

The Himura team took their seats up high on the bleachers. Setsuna spotted Teiko Basketball Team warming up, and looked for a specific light blue haired boy with the jersey number of 15. Soon, she spotted Kuroko. He was benched. So he's not a starter today, Setsuna thought. When she caught glimpse of his facial expression, her eyes widened. Something was wrong. She knew something was bothering her best friend that concerned basketball, but he refused to tell her. This day, she watched as Teiko completely crushed their opponents.

"How ruthless," Megumi muttered from next to Setsuna.

"They're not taking their opponents seriously," Yumi observed. The girls nodded in agreement. Setsuna clenched her fist.

"What a horrible team," she said softly. It was then that she understood what has been eating her friend all this time. Whenever they talked about basketball, Kuroko would always have a bright smile on his face, but lately he wasn't able to smile when talking about basketball. Setsuna regretted not watching his matches before this day. She clenched her jacket at the area of her heart. When the Teiko match ended, it was about time for the girls to move into the changing rooms. Himura team then took their stuff and started heading out of the gym. They walked down the hall of the sports center, heading for the changing rooms.

Setsuna stopped midway, and her teammates turned around to look at her. "Go ahead without me, I'll catch up," the girl told them. Her teammates nodded and headed off without her.

"Don't take too long," the coach said before leaving. The white haired girl nodded. She leaned on the wall in the hallway and waited. As she thought, Teiko came out. At the end of the line, Setsuna spotted Kuroko. She walked up to him and took him by the arm and led him away when no one was looking.

\(*T▽T*)/

Akashi led the team out of the changing room and started heading for the gym again, since most people wanted to see the girls' match. As the boys walked down the hall, their ominous aura catching everyone's attention, no one noticed a particular silhouette, traveling through the crowd.