Chapter 15

Hot. It was hot. Something was heating up her body. She struggled. She pushed the source of heat off of her upper body, freeing herself. Her head turned sideways. Then her eyes opened as she sat up. Her waist length white hair fell in front of her face. Where is she?

Setsuna turned to look outside. It was sunset. She slept for an entire day. What exactly happened the entire day anyways? If she remembered correctly, the coach woke her up, and she went back to sleep. She was sure that something happened after that. Someone was here, taking care of her, but she couldn't remember who or what happened. She looked around the room, but no one was there. She was alone...again.

Setsuna sighed. Maybe no one was taking care of her after all. She was just hallucinating.

"You're awake," a voice said. Setsuna turned. Akashi was at the door, carrying a tray with two bowls, a glass of water, and a medicine bottle on it. He placed the tray on the ground next to her. The boy then reached for her. Setsuna gazed at his hand confusedly. He ripped off the cold pack on her forehead. Setsuna screeched in pain.

"OWWIE!!!" She cried. "Can't you be more gent-" She was cut off by Akashi placing his forehead on hers. Last time he did this she made no reaction, but this time her heart was racing, and she could feel the blood start to flow to her head. What's happening? Why am I flustering? she thought. Setsuna trailed her eyes down, unable to look Akashi in the eyes. Akashi wasn't looking at her eyes anyway. His eyes were averted upward at her forehead.

"You lost your temperature," he told her. "That's a relief. I made you some meat porridge. You should be able to taste it this time. Take your medicine after you eat anyways. It'll help you sleep tonight." Setsuna took the bowl hesitantly.

"You didn't poison this did you?" she asked.

"I don't remember," Akashi replied. Setsuna glared with a pout. Akashi chuckled at the face she was making. "Just eat." He picked up another bowl and started eating too. Setsuna then picked up her spoon and scooped at the edge of the bowl. She brought it up to her mouth and blew on it before placing it in her mouth.

"It's good!" she exclaimed. Akashi smiled.

"That's a relief," he replied. Setsuna smiled at him.

"Akashi you're really a genius aren't you?! You can do just about anything!" she said happily. "I envy your future wife!"

Silence.

Setsuna then realized what she had said. "I-I mean....uh.....I envy the fact that your future wife is going to be able to eat good food! Hahaha!" Setsuna laughed in embarrassment as she scratched her forehead. Oh damn it. She said something she didn't mean to say. Akashi smirked.

"Then how about you marry me?" he said softly as he leaned really close to her. Setsuna's face turned into the shade of his hair. He chuckled at her reaction. He was still unsure of his feelings towards her. Heck he didn't even know if she really was the source of these feelings. One thing he knew for sure was that she was intriguing to him. He wanted to find out all the kinds of faces Setsuna was physically capable of making. He wanted to be the one to draw out all her emotions. Be it happiness, anger, sadness, excitement, or even hatred, he wanted to see it all manifest.

With his newfound hobby, his personality was making another twist. He was becoming stranger and stranger by the minute. It was as if the act of simply being with her could change his every movement. He felt so unlike him whenever he's with her, but at the same time it felt so natural. Just like how she can draw out all sides of him, he wants to be able to draw out all sides of her. This was his new goal, his challenge. He will win.