Chapter 5

Waking up early on weekends is something everyone despises. Setsuna especially hates it. This Saturday, she was stirred up by the violent ringing of her doorbell. Crawling out of bed, Setsuna slowly walked over to the door, using the wall as a support. She opened the door. "Who is it?" she asked. When she opened her eyes to see who it is, she immediately woke up. Her eyes widened and it was as if time had stopped.

"Setsuna who is it?" her mother asked as she walked towards the door. When Setsuna's mother saw who it was, she stopped, eyes wide.

"Setsuna-sama, I am here to pick you up under the master's orders," Mizuguchi said. Mizuguchi is the personal butler of Hakuya Daisuke, Setsuna's father.

"What does he want with my daughter?" Setsuna's mother, Onohara Susume, demanded.

"The master is attending a ball tonight, and he has requested that Setsuna-sama will make an appearance there as well," Mizuguchi answered. Susume glared at the old butler.

"Wait here, I'll be right back," Setsuna told the butler.

"Setsuna, you don't have to go if you don't want to. Your father has already asked for too much-" Susume told her daughter.

"Mom," Setsuna cut her off. "I'll be fine." With a smile, Setsuna went into the bathroom to brush her teeth and get ready, then changed into a set of presentable clothes and followed Mizuguchi outside, where a limousine awaits her. The chauffeur bowed towards Setsuna.

"Setsuna!" a voice shouted from above. Setsuna looked up at the apartment building, and there stands Kuroko looking down at her. "Where are you-"

"I won't be back for dinner. Sorry, but you'll have to find some entertainment without me. See you later!" Setsuna replied with a smile as she waved goodbye to her friend then entered the limo. The door was then closed by the chauffeur and soon, they drove off.

The 30 minute drive was silent the whole way, until they arrived at a giant mansion. The chauffeur opened the door for Setsuna, and she stepped out. Setsuna fixed her clothes and followed Mizuguchi into the mansion. "Welcome home my lady," the maids bowed as Setsuna entered the house.

Mizuguchi then lead Setsuna into the office. Setsuna spotted her father sitting at the desk working on papers as she walked into the office. "Father," she called as she bowed towards him.

"It's been a while huh?" Daisuke asked.

"Indeed it has."

"I believe you're aware of why I called you here." Daisuke put his paper works down and looked at his daughter.

"For the ball tonight, is it?"

"Yes," Daisuke answered. He stood up and walked to the window. "This ball is not an ordinary one. All of the important government officials and company CEO's and owners will be there. Each and every one of them is bringing their children. Do you know where I'm getting at?"

"Yes Father," Setsuna replied.

"That old fox Akashi will be there too. He has a son about your age. You will not lose to him, do you understand?" Daisuke demanded.

"Yes Father."

Akashi Corporation is a rival company of the Hakuya Corporation. Hakuya Corp. owns a lot of small companies, specializing in technology and software development. Akashi Corp. is also a technology corporation that has rivaled the Hakuya Corp. for some years now. Daisuke will do whatever it takes to beat them down. "Youto," Daisuke called Mizuguchi by his first name. "Take Setsuna to get changed. I want her to look her best, understand?"

"Yes Master," Mizuguchi bowed. He then led Setsuna out of the office. Mizuguchi called a few maids. "Sen, Mei, and Yuki."

"Yes Mizuguchi-san?" the three maids answered.