Chapter 23

The crowded streets of Akihabara never failed to provide one of the best marketing places. Every three years, Japan's biggest technology companies would hold a festival at this place to demonstrate their recent advances in technology. This year, as Hakuya Corporation's only heir, Setsuna is obligated to attend the festival and help out at the techno demonstration.

Kuroko came as a volunteer at the festival. As Setsuna introduced Hakuya Corporation's latest development, Kuroko was in charge of playing all the holograms as Setsuna talked. She was introducing the software system developed for the new Hakuya robots. "With this system, the robots will obtain what humans classify as intelligence. These robots are first programmed with minimum knowledge, and is not allowed full access to internet. Through our tests and trials, these robots have proved to be capable of learning the same way as an infant," Setsuna said to her guests. She continued to explain the new project her company was working on.

Kuroko glanced out the window of the building. Across the street was Akashi Corporation's building. During the festival, companies would rent parts of the buildings, or even an entire building to demonstrate their new projects. For these giant corporations such as Hakuya and Akashi C, they usually rent out an entire building.

"Tetsuya water," Setsuna suddenly popped up behind him. He flinched for a second but then passed her a bottle of water. She gulped down half the bottle in five seconds. "Oh god, I don't want to talk anymore."

"Take a break, your next presentation is in an hour," Kuroko told her. Setsuna nodded. She sat down next to him, gazing out the window where he was looking.

"Tetsuya," she called.

"Hmm?"

"Let's go out and grab a snack," Setsuna suggested.

"Where though?"

Setsuna pointed to a yakisoba stand across the street. "There," she said. Kuroko followed the direction she was pointing at and saw the stand. An old lady was cooking yakisoba with a young man who Kuroko assumed was her son.

"Alright. Let's go," Kuroko nodded. Setsuna's eyes gleamed in excitement. She stood up immediately and grabbed Kuroko by the wrist and dragged him towards the elevator. The two rode down to the lobby and immediately ran out the building like first graders. Setsuna never let go of Kuroko. They ran all the way across the street to the yakisoba stand.

"Obasan I want two servings!" Setsuna shouted excitedly. Her eyes gleamed with cravings for food.

"Right away!" the old lady smiled at her.

"Tetsuya, Setsuna," a voice called. Kuroko and Setsuna turned to their left to find Akashi standing there. The red haired boy didn't look at all surprised to see them here; however, his eyes widened slightly at their hands. Setsuna has yet to release Kuroko's wrist. Noticing his gaze, Kuroko released his hand from Setsuna's grasp awkwardly. "Long time no see," Akashi greeted to Kuroko.

"Long time no see," Kuroko greeted back.

"Akashi! How ya doing?" Setsuna greeted. "Man, what a surprise to see you here!"

"I believe I told you we'd be meeting here, Setsuna," Akashi informed her as she walked over to him.

"Ah, was that so?" Setsuna chuckled. "Are you hungry? Did you eat? Wanna join us?"

"I'd love to," Akashi answered only her last question and smiled gently at her. The softness in his eyes didn't go unnoticed by Kuroko. He understood immediately what the emotion was that played in Akashi's eyes. He could see the former Akashi too, gently staring at Setsuna with care and affection in his eyes. It makes Kuroko wonder if it really is the current Akashi that is interested in Setsuna.